Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Super Bowl LI [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 20

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by cryates, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I agreed with Michael Bennett using leverage to get a better contract from his team. I didn't agree with Martellus Bennett slacking off on his teams and then throwing other players under the bus.

As far as your general point though, I do agree with it.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

There really was no other way to respond to being told I'm part of the problem because I won't tolerate fascism.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

come at wisconsin again and square up, my dude

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

How did I know chorus.fm would turn the Super Bowl into a political discussion?

I'm glad Brady got his 5th ring and now he can retire.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, shut up, nearly everything I've seen you post is whining of this sort. Politics are more important now than ever, and if all you're going to do is complain whenever it comes up, just get lost.

ForestOfAllusion likes this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You know this site has an entire forum dedicated to political discussions, right? There is no need to bring up politics in a thread about the Super Bowl in the sports section. In no other thread that I've been in have people compared Patriots fans to fascists. Talk about generalizing.

7. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I don't see anything wrong with abstaining from political discussions if you don't want to have political discussions. It's fairly simple

EngineDown and Fucking Dustin like this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So....ignore it?

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yup, pretty much. Anyone can have political discussion about the Super Bowl. It doesn't mean you absolutely have to join in, and it doesn't mean they can't discuss it.

coleslawed and Owlex like this.
  10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

look regardless of your political view one side liked Trump and the other liked Migos and you have to face that reality whether you want to or not

gonz (Alex), FTank, Owlex and 5 others like this.
  11. Wharf Rat

Also Tom Brady should be Trump-shamed and any discussions about having to talk to and understand Trump voters should definitively exclude multimillionaire asshole football players

12. Wharf Rat

Fuck Tom Brady Eli Forever

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If you want to be angry because some stupid politicians like the Patriots, okay. Just know there are some people who were pulling for NE that don't share the opinion of those politicians and shouldn't be grouped with them.

14. EngineDown

Aaron Would Have Won

15. Wharf Rat

Well, literally no one believes that, so

GrantCloud and St. Nate like this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

This was imo one of the greatest comebacks in sports history. I just don't see how some can hate it because some politicians favored one of the teams :/ screw what the politicians think

Kyle is hk and Wharf Rat like this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

18. Yea but you don't need to be a condescending prick.

19. EngineDown

if this is the greatest comeback in sports to you, might i recommend this year's national championship, boston beating the yankees, and golden state collapsing after they held a 3-1 lead with the consensus MVP

Dirty Sanchez, Owlex and slimfenix182 like this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Why does every argument in the sports forum end up in petty name calling and bashing based off of hometown team

FTank likes this.
  21. Wharf Rat

I can appreciate it from a sports perspective but these things are intertwined - and its less that Trump liked the Pats and more that Brady, Belichick, and Kraft like Trump. I would've been rooting against the Patriots anyway, but, when Tom "accidental on purpose MAGA hat in my locker on TV" is getting personal satisfaction from it just makes it worse. I can appreciate the Miracle at the Meadowlands as a great historic comeback but I still wish it never happened and fucking hate the Eagles. And then if the Eagles were chanting "deport Muslims" as they returned the punt I would hate them even more.

22. EngineDown

have you ever watched a sporting event with another human being offline?

23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It's fair to hate on anything that makes Donald Trump or Richard Spencer happy

FTank, coleslawed, EngineDown and 4 others like this.
  24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Like... somehow the Patriots gave everyone more of a reason to root against them and in the worst way.

I guess I could respect that commitment.

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah, and it never has gotten to the levels of pettiness this thread gets to at points

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.