Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 875

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I love this man.

[​IMG]

Owlex and Nathan like this.
  2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

For two Lions games I've been to I was actually pretty close to the sideline, and visibility-wise it was okay but for hearing and watching the players on the sideline it fucking ruled.

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Duuuuude Atlanta is fucking wild right now.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My kids wanted to watch through Star Wars this week. As a result I finally watched Episode 9 and holy shit it is so bad

CarpetElf and spiffa0 like this.
  5. MidDave

Welcome to 2020, were even Star Wars is bad.

spiffa0 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah lot of cars on fire

We left Atlanta after cleaning our apartment and leaving our keys (finished moving out) like, 2 hours before this shit went down. Damn.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  7. MidDave

Just glad you guys are out of there. Does @whitenblue88 live near that areA?

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Randall and I were the only Chorus ATLiens actually living within city limits

10. whitenblue88 May 29, 2020
    (Last edited: May 29, 2020)
    whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

nope I’m in the burbs. It was like a 40 minute drive to see Randall and Matt who lived in the actually cool part of town (that was also conveniently near campus)

11. dorfmac

Trusted

Five years ago I wanted to move to Atlanta so bad. I still would do it, for sure, if I could transplant my job there.

it has the charm of Baltimore, but is nicer, cheaper, better weather. All I’d miss would be crab.

12. Randall Mentzos May 30, 2020
    (Last edited: May 30, 2020)
    Randall Mentzos

I love both and lived right next to downtown in both cities... but personally don’t think Atlanta and Baltimore have similar charm haha. Only thing similar about them is both cities having a strong sense of black culture, which is great.

Baltimore is very dense and most of the beauty of the city is the fact that it feels classic and old, Victorian architecture and sculptures / statues and whatnot.

Atlanta feels more spread out and suburban despite being twice as populated, and I’ve never been to a major city that had more nature / parks & trails / forested area right by the heart of town. Atlanta feels very new as well and doesn’t feel as “classic”, a lot of the cityscape has more of a 70s / 80s / 90s design to it (and the richer areas like Midtown and Buckhead have neo-contemporary skyscrapers)

13. Randall Mentzos May 30, 2020
    (Last edited: May 30, 2020)
    Randall Mentzos

Baltimore indeed has excellent seafood but I might take that for granted a little bit, because most seafood is better and cheaper in my home state Florida unless you’re getting crab or mussels. You can’t really compete seafood with a state that has water on all sides and is half the cost to run a business in than Maryland is.

Atlanta is the heart of soul food and it’s actually amazing how even hole in the wall restaurants / diners know how to make fuckin PERFECT fried chicken. There are hundreds of places in Atlanta that you can get some of the best southern food you’ve ever had for less than $15. Not recommended if you’re watching your weight though lol

14. Randall Mentzos

One thing that’s different about Baltimore though? If you walk in your neighborhood bar and start watching the Orioles you’ll make friends with everyone in that bar lol. Baltimore is suuuuper neighborhoody and it’s very easy to get to know people. I haven’t had that experience anywhere else.

Baltimore also has excellent museums, I haven’t seen Atlanta’s museums yet. Baltimore’s “National Aquarium” is actually better than Georgia’s Aquarium though

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Baltimore's aquarium is absolutely not better than Atlanta's.

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It has a really nice walking area but that’s it

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. Randall Mentzos

You haven’t been to both so you absolutely can’t say.

My opinion is pretty FIRMLY that Baltimore’s is better actually

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. Randall Mentzos

Even just the architecture of it is amazing. It’s one of the most distinctive buildings in the northeast.

D579C7A5-AE4F-4699-931C-FBF0F7DD35F1.jpeg

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I can know that you can fit almost three Baltimore's inside of Atlanta's largest tank and that only two aquariums in the world are larger and house more animals.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

One of the most distinctive in the northeast is a BOLD reach.

21. Randall Mentzos

And yet Baltimore’s still has better exhibits, better flow to control the crowds, and better visibility

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm not sure that any of this is true. I'm positive it doesn't discount anything I just said though. But fine, agree to disagree.

23. Randall Mentzos

There’s also a huge spiral walkway that goes all the way down to the bottom of the biggest shark / fish tank so you get a full 360 view from the top to the bottom of it as you walk through.

And there’s an Atrium (that triangular glass rooftop) that has a simulated humid rainforest in it with rare species of birds as well, so not even just fish lol

24. Randall Mentzos

Bigger is not automatically better. I was disappointed in how Atlanta used all that space tbh. The layout of the Baltimore one makes it a much more indulgent experience. Atlanta’s Aquarium almost feels like a shopping mall lol and you can’t actually see most of the tank.

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.