Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 869

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Fuego

Trusted

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. broken22

(:

See I'd put Lamar in the second tier, I have to see him put back to back seasons together at a high level.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

4. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

You just said you could make the argument for dak or Wentz in tier 1 and neither of them have done it back to back either though?

5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I remember years ago before the season following the MVP Cam year I was trying to say that Cam had to be a tier 1 QB and everyone was like “nah not yet” and tbh they were right

Victor Eremita and CarpetElf like this.
  6. broken22

(:

But I think Dak and Wentz have shown over they could or should be at that level. But hey, what do I know lol.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think they’re both tier 2.

Randall Mentzos and broken22 like this.
  8. broken22

(:

I honestly thought Cam would be, but the injuries really derailed him. If it weren't for all that he'd be a tier 1 QB. Wentz has the same exact issue.

Owlex likes this.
  9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I thought we solved QBs forever

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw a thing on NFL reddit that got like 300,000 votes in ranking the quarterbacks, it was interesting. I’ll try to find it.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

12. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Cam 100% had the ability to be a tier 1 guy. Injuries really derailed him. I’ll die on this hill.

Owlex and whitenblue88 like this.
  13. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  16. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

To me the whole point of football as a sport is managing momentum and fatigue, it would be so dumb if they added another way to get back in the game when you failed to do the former better than the other team.

I like onside kicks because they are very hard to convert on purpose & they behave more like a randomizer / wild card.

But I think converting one 4th & 15 isn’t actually that hard by comparison - yes the likelihood of converting them REGULARLY is not very high, but I’m sure a Sean Payton or John Harbugh would know how to design a specific set of plays that’s very hard to defend in that situation if it was isolated and expected.

There’s really not a lot of zone coverage plays that completely stop that range of throws. You add the risk of PI / defensive holding getting called and the first down just being GIVEN to the other team. And if you call man to man you’re just always at risk of being burned by an elite WR. The offense certainly has the upper hand in terms of the play falling their way.

It might not be that hard to stop 4th & 15 when you’ve already slowed down the offense’s momentum and backed them into a corner, but when they’re fresh on the field and could basically call any play & still have the element of surprise? That’s not the same. Shit, even just defending a good TE running a seam route requires you to dedicate a safety to the middle and put more pressure on your corners outside.

17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

18. I think Ben deserves the benefit of the doubt (in terms of football) until he falls apart in game 3, Steelers sign cam Newton, and win the superbowl

Owlex and CarpetElf like this.
  19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I don’t feel like searching back in the thread for the actually relevant post, but come back to Atlanta when this is done pls

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

How about you leave when this is done

21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

And move to Tallulah Gorge??

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Lakemont*

But also no dont do that lol.

23. Have you gone to angel falls yet

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

No I haven't gone to Venezuela yet

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.