Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1708

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

@Victor Eremita also worth noting Jordan didn’t come straight out of HS, he played a full career at UNC

he didn’t have the same head start on “longevity.” Dude was like 40 when he went back to the Wizards wasn’t he? Deion Sanders wasn’t that great on the Ravens when he came back to football either haha, made some plays but was no longer elite at 39-40

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Bruh lol

I probably have more muscle than some of the dudes Jordan played against during that era. LeBron is attacked by superhuman freaks every time he goes up

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

how on earth is Jordan playing for one of the greatest college basketball programs ever a knock on him. Lebron was barely old enough to vote and immediately dominated the league.

4. Randall Mentzos

yeah but people used to fuckin throw elbows and shit way more than they do now. And would straight up knock you out of the sky mid dunk. You don’t see that nearly as much without the refs making an example out of it

5. Randall Mentzos

It’s not a “knock” its literally just a response to “LeBron had more longevity”

of course he did lol he started at age 18 and didn’t retire twice before his ACTUAL retirement

6. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Yeah he was 38 which back then for a player was like 42 probably

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  7. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I meant his prime lasted longer by longevity. LeBron has been the best player in the league for I mean I can’t even remember that well when he wasn’t!

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

yeah definitely a valid angle to be sure

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

idk how starting at 19 means you can play at an elite level until 36 but starting at 21 means you can't. longevity is a pretty objective number. Start at 10 or start at 40 if you play 20 years and another plays 12, the former had better longevity

10. broken22

(:

I know people don't care about Tennis but it's a crime that Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal or Serena Williams aren't in the conversation with Brady and MJ because Tennis isn't apart of the big four in sports.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah i was only counting the big four. Otherwise I'd have included them, Pele, Messi, Ronaldo (BRA), idk, Ali, Bolt, etc.... idk much about other sports.

disambigujason and broken22 like this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

he didn’t pre emptively retire twice because he sucked though. Your point would stand if he did fall off but he really didn’t hha

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

my point stands regardless haha. longevity is literally just a number. MJ retired. doesn't matter if it's cause he sucked, wanted to go out on top, or had to film Space Jam 2. Fact is Lebron has better longevity.

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

agreed. Those mentioned, particularly Serena, are unreal. Expanding past the big four makes more fun GOAT conversations

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

tiger, serena, wayne, and messi all > brady

if we’re throwing boxers in too there are several

16. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Secretariat >

17. Randall Mentzos

well then you’re judging off guidelines other than talent at that point. I’m judging by who was the most talented and competitively tenacious player on the court haha

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Longevity is judging off of a number. It has nothing to do with talent.

Also, if you're judging by those standards your conclusion should be Lebron. :p

19. dorfmac

Trusted

I put this in the mock draft thread, but names to watch could be: Everson Griffen, Aldon Smith, Justin Houston, Ryan Kerrigan, Olivier Vernon, Markus Golden, Dion Jordan, Alex Okafor. All older rushers with varying levels of gas left in the tank.

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I seriously cannot believe that Dion Jordan is still in the NFL

21. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

xbrokendownx likes this.
  22. dorfmac

Trusted

does that count as two separate minority hires this off-season? Would Ravens and bucs both get the draft picks?

GreatBeardRecs likes this.
  23. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

In fairness to my question, I chose MJ over Lebron just because of 6 rings vs. 6...now 7 rings.

24. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

None of them should be in a convo with Serena considering she won a major while a fetus was actively sucking away her life force. GOAT.

25. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

broken22 likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.