Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1706

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I love this tweet hell yeah haha. Don’t even try to be humble about it you shoulda won that shit

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Malcolm Butler def deserves some consideration in my mind.

Donnie Ruth and Randall Mentzos like this.
  4. happy to see that Teddy B has been made available lol

5. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Yeah it’s definitely not going to be easy to recruit free agents and it’s not like they can afford to overpay

6. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

lol never in a million years

uuu and Victor Eremita like this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

As far as HOF voting... while I am salty Boselli didn’t get it and I understand @xbrokendownx needing Zach Thomas in there... I think Manning, Woodson and Calvin absolutely deserve first ballot - all three were top-3 players at their position their whole career (and were #1 or #2 for their whole primes).

And Faneca def had a stronger legacy than Boselli as an elite OL for like 15 years

I get why they made those choices at least

8. Randall Mentzos

Also Donald deserves DPOY. Remember that post I made about context being more important than stats sometimes? He’s a perfect example. Other teams literally can’t do anything but cross their fingers with Donald. No gameplan can stop him from constantly being in the QBs face. Double teaming him literally barely even works.

we wanna talk about first ballot Hall of Famers... Donald is clearly, far and away the best DT talent of this football generation. Honestly he doesn’t even have a close #2 behind him.

CarpetElf, uuu and Fuego like this.
  9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

well that means probably all their other FAs are gone

they don't have much cap room

10. Randall Mentzos

It’s saying a lot that Khalil Mack might not even be the best player drafted in 2014 because of Donald haha

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Have those football players even seen the advanced advanced statistics that say stafford stinks tho?

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Eh, they have a lot of movable guys. Even if they pay Shaq something like 20MM a year, just getting rid of Brate and JPP save them like 13MM. They are in a pretty good spot as far as having flexible cap space.

13. Randall Mentzos

Guys I’ve been watching hella hockey and basketball lately and been loving it

I loved basketball as a kid, but as far as actually following leagues... I’ve been NFL only like my whole life, except for a two year stint when I followed the Orioles as a Baltimore resident. So this is new. Everything feels exciting now that I have 3-5 games a week to look forward to.

CarpetElf and xbrokendownx like this.
  14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

they only have 30 guys under contract right now for 2021 with like $35 million in space

Gronk already said he is coming back, if Godwin comes back that is more than half of that money right there between those 2 guys

15. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Texans going for the full Dan Snyder

Max_123 and jkauf like this.
  16. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Don’t know if this has been posted, but seems relevant for the resident Jag fans in here

Love watching these videos in general, great series

17. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

They really aren't in a bad situation at all. It took two restructures and letting Leonard Fournette go to make it work with 12MM in cap space, which leaves room for Antonio Brown to come back if he's not in jail.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Roster Manager

18. Fuego

Trusted

That cap number hurts, gonna be interesting to see what the Ravens do for pass rushers

dorfmac and AFoolsGlory like this.
  19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

dude you have 33 dudes signed on that roster lol you still need at least 20 more with $12 million in space

good luck

20. Randall Mentzos

“hey Jags fans wanna relive the biggest Jags sadness / failure since the 1999 AFC championship game? That’s a great way to spend SuperBowl Sunday, thinking of how your team absolutely shat the bed and reverted into rebuilding mode both times they had a chance to go to the SB.”

/kidding. I’ll watch later hahaha

stvvvn likes this.
  21. Randall Mentzos

Actually, all three times* we had a chance to go to the SB.

but we weren’t a Super Bowl caliber team in 1996. That would’ve been an Eli Manning ass upset - if we did beat the Broncos in the AFCCG that year, with a half-built expansion roster.

1999 and 2017 definitely hurt more cause we had the talent.

22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Brady is an easy restructure, and I cant imagine Shaq actually costs $20mil on the cap unless he is franchise tagged. They have a TON of cap space in 2022; they'll push a lot of money there for sure.

Very different situation than the Saints or Eagles or other teams that have little space in 2022 already

Victor Eremita, uuu and xbrokendownx like this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The texans are gonna go 0-16

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.