Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1599

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

All of that could be true with Lawrence though. Not saying it WILL but he definitely represents that kind of potential. I really don’t think 6-10 next season is too lofty of a goal if we just sit tight and have a good draft

Jake Luton and Mike Glennon were almost winning games lol. It was stressing me out cause I was TRYING to tank for Lawrence. Our roster sucks but a good QB could’ve tipped a handful of those games into upset wins

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

*whispers* I don’t think it’s crazy to say no to Lawrence for Watson. Watson is a known commodity who is a great, young QB, but if you at all buy that Lawrence is the real deal, getting a QB considered the best QB prospect since Luck on a rookie contract is a really really really good team building asset

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think the Texans would ever trade watson to a team in the same division

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Im saying 6-10 this year....bare minimum 9-7 next year. Because with Watson, you do free agency and the draft entirely differently. The Dolphins basically bought a defense last year. Jags could do the same this year pretty easily.

I wont disagree, but, with Lawrence your absolute best case is 2023 relevancy. Even Luck, the mix of being a team bad enough to pick #1 + the mistakes young QBs make, sure they made the playoffs, but look at his stats and its clear by Year 3 he's playing differently. Same is true of basically every QB ever, except Mahomes. Watson is there, today. Jags have $75mil in cap space in a year many other teams have none. Colts have no QB, Texans lose theirs...Jags go from #1 pick to a Derrick Henry injury away from waltzing to the playoffs.

It'll never happen because the Dolphins/Jets/other teams want him...but, Jags or Colts are the two situations where, if he went there, the rest of the division is soft enough that it could create a Peyton Manning type dominance of the division.

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

I really don’t agree haha Colts and Titans aren’t soft at all and we aren’t the team that should be trying to contend now. It wouldn’t work for the same reasons it didn’t in HOU

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Ah yes, the QB coach and passing game coordinator of Mitch Trubisky. Big time hire.

RJ Knorr and PeacefulOrca like this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Surprised there wasn’t a “well-regarded” in there haha

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Joe4th

12. broken22

(:

I'm not very excited about the Siriani hire.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Hot take(?) Campbell‘s shtick runs thin in less than two years. Certain players will love that type of energy but I was sick of listening to him after that 29 second clip a few pages back

GrantCloud and uuu like this.
  14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

That is the definition of a cold take Mr. Jones, it's going to happen

15. Night Channels

Trusted

Who did you want?

16. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Micky D's babyyyyy

17. broken22

(:

Well Doug shouldn't have been fired in the first place. But in all honesty I would have preferred Duce Staley if you were going the Siriani route

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

dude what lol

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

did this man just say he'd MAYBE consider trading #1 overall for Deshaun Watson AND Laremy Tunsil?

MAYBE?!

20. Joe4th

Stop let me have hope today please

GrantCloud and Max_123 like this.
  21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I'm sorry Joe trying to remove it

GrantCloud and Joe4th like this.
  22. Randall Mentzos

i meant I would trade #1 and #27 for Watson and Tunsil rather than the straight QB for QB swap

xbrokendownx likes this.
  23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

He was gonna throw in #25 as well

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I get why people would be turned off by Campbell, but after three years of Patricia's less-charismatic Belichek impression and strict discipline, no fun allowed style, I think it'll be good for a lot of the players.

Of course, winning matters more than a coach's attitude. I think Stafford will be quarterback for the Lions for this upcoming season and probably the next, barring anything out of the ordinary affecting things, and if the Lions aren't competitive in those two years, fire Campbell and move on from Stafford for the complete rebuild.

DrAlanGrant and Joe4th like this.
  25. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.