Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1547

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

NFL OCs fail all the time too. There is no slam dunk surefire hire

FTank and Randall Mentzos like this.
  2. for sure - I just don't think Urban Meyer is a good coach haha

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Good NFL coach or good coach

4. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I mean this is definitely true but Arthur Smith and Matt Eberflus are as close as it gets imo. Most offseasons don’t have options as good as that.

if this was a shit sandwich offseason with only failed coordinators available id be much more open to Meyer

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Eberflus isnt an OC. And they arent as close as it gets. Both could be terrible head coaches.

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Saban left on his own lol he wasn't fired by the Dolphins

fuck him

8. Ben has to retire no way he wants to learn a new offense

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yee
    But why

10. Randall Mentzos

I’d take Eberflus to quickly build our defense, since our defense has a lot more holes than our offense does. This of course would make our OC hire extremely important (Tony Elliott!!). But I see that as an also valid option for reconstructing this team, since we have almost nothing in our secondary and on our D line. I see Eberflus as a guy who is knowledgeable at both scouting / team building and coaching and would fit that hybrid coach / GM role Shad Khan seems to want.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Okay but we were talking about OCs haha

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

whitenblue88 likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Also what in the sweet tender fuck is the difference between Urban Meyer and Tony Elliott what lol. How is Tony Elliott equipped to run an NFL offense but not Urban Meyer

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

15. Randall Mentzos

No we weren’t. We were talking about why I don’t want Meyer as HC. And why I don’t think his strong suit will translate. And why I prefer an Eberflus or an Arthur Smith

16. Randall Mentzos

Tony Elliott has already produced one elite NFL quarterback and its looking like he now has a second with that kind of “potential” at least

there’s obviously something in his offense that does translate to NFL concepts. There’s also the benefit of continuity for Lawrence.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Or maybe theres something in having an elite college coach coaching elite prospects??? Why is that a knock on Urban but a positive for Elliott who has been the singular OC for one year

18. Randall Mentzos

And hell we might surprise the league with stuff they aren’t used to seeing and be good early, Chip Kelly was good early. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a sustainable competitive model once Meyer’s stuff is on film for opposing teams to dissect and gameplan against.

19. Randall Mentzos Jan 14, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2021)
    Randall Mentzos

....because Elliott’s elite prospects are actually ready for the NFL when they get there. Showing that he is preparing players for more NFL concepts.

you can say that for Urban Meyer’s EDIT: stud skill players but not really ever the quarterbacks

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Tight ends? What lol. RBs??? WRs???? DL? DB????

21. Randall Mentzos

All I know is Clemson used to have the goofiest slants / screens offense and then when Elliott got there they’re doing full field progressions.

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I dont think you watch much college football at all

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Considering Elliotts focus is RBs

24. Randall Mentzos

actually I’m gonna back up that statement. Michael Thomas and Ezekiel Elliott. And you are right that he has produced DBs that were NFL ready.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.