Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1546

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

hmmmm

2. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Lol Bill Belichick goes back to the 1920s before the forward pass was allowed for inspiration.

3. MidDave

Of those choices sign me up for the 49ers guy. Their run game is gnarly.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

also, Tony Elliott has been with Clemson for a number of years

Watson?!

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

6. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Getting all worked up about ruining TLaw when you're taking Fields anyways smh

FTank, GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I don't know enough about Matt Canada...is he highly regarded? I know he was at LSU but that was before Burrow

will the Steelers be promoting him to OC since theirs is gone?

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Canada is bad

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I would be happy with any of Hamilton, McDaniel or Elliott

we will get none

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Youd lose Pep the next year anyway probably

11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m starting to feel very hopeful that the Colts won’t see any major staffing changes this offseason, which would be cool

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I'm actually kind of shocked the Texans didn't deal Watson away right after the Harden news broke.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

14. MidDave

Phew - We just locked in our new wedding venue finally. Whoooole lot of stress is gone.

15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

16. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I’ve been explaining myself for days and I don’t feel like doing it again. It has a lot to do with defenses being nowhere near as sophisticated and Meyer exploiting obvious holes that don’t exist in the NFL with extreme recruiting advantages

basically I don’t believe what made him good in college will work in the NFL when defenses cover the whole field and talent / athleticism is relatively balanced

Zach likes this.
  17. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

my gut is that there’s no real reason for Elliott to move from his current job for anything other than a top 10 college football HC job

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Godsey wasn't the QB coach this year, he was the TE coach so Rap is wrong on that

though they did have him working very closely with Tua on the sidelines all year

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

"Exploiting obvious holes"

ok

21. MidDave

I get ya. I think recognizing and exploiting holes is a skill set that translates though. It's what made Bill as good as he is. We'll see how good Urban is but, i think one of the big problems I'm having with how much you hate Urban is, i don't really like a lot of the other options out there, like at all haha.

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

My issue is with all the reasons to hate urban hes harping on what urban literally is best at lol

23. most college coaches fail in the NFL - how many were successful? Jimmy Johnson for sure maybe Pete Carroll but he had NFL coaching experience before USC - maybe Tom Coughlin too?

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I think that being so good at that in college can make a person cocky that they can do the same exact thing at the next level... a coach who’s done it their way for 20 years and has been successful tends to get stuck in their ways. He might be in for a rude awakening because NFL defenses are just so much more consistent and have so many more ways of disguising blitzes and zone coverages.

I feel like those are things you have to have seen a lot before you get smart enough to know when it’s coming and how to respond. This is why I trust an NFL OC more than even a very successful college offensive mind.

It just feels like the best guys in college do it by putting a lot of emphasis on things that aren’t that effective in professional football... because edge / gap discipline is so much better and because they know how to deceive YOU too.

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

How many were given a true chance though? Not Saban. Kind of Spurrier but still not really

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.