Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1539

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

- trying a new fruit i haven't had in 10 years because i might be allergic
    - feeling too warm
    - the gas heaters
    - my stomach
    - having cancer
    - suddenly dying
    - traffic
    - why i feel tired
    - if i'm gonna struggle to sleep through the night

that's all in the last hour

and no

i do not mean like 8:10 to 9:11

i mean

9:00

to 9:11

whitenblue88 and preppyak like this.
  2. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Whenever there is an unusual sound or light, even something not that unusual like heat lighting, for a brief moment I’m almost always afraid that it’s an alien invasion. I don’t even believe strongly that aliens exist so it’s even more irrational.

3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

didn’t you stan for Marvin Lewis like 20 pages ago?

4. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Oh man, this is basically mine. I picture myself having fingers slammed in a car door or other crushing scenarios so vividly...and of course my hand is nowhere near getting slammed when I do so

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This reminds me of not a phobia really but quick thoughts that spring on me:

I wear glasses and they have wide frames so it’s not uncommon for them to reflect something behind me in the blind spot area of my peripheral vision so I get a glimpse of something “moving” and it makes me jump, lol

Victor Eremita and CarpetElf like this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

i wouldn't say stan haha. But I like Marvin Lewis yes. That really comes down to 1. i like him as a person and 2. i think Andy Dalton always kind of blew chunks so we haven't really seen Lewis with a great QB.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I once slammed my thumb in a car door but I’ve always had that phobia so I guess it just kinda came to fruition that night, lol

preppyak likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I also once opened my front door to my house while not wearing shoes or socks and the bottom of the door lined up perfectly enough to grab my big toenail and rip it clean off. That one hurt quite a bit.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Like, if we're gonna say "its all Andy Reid", then why are we even discussing Josh McDaniels who's had zero success without Tom Brady as his QB and Bill Belichick running the show. The two times he has taken NFL head coach jobs, they have been spectacular flame outs...and his decision to bail on a job like the day after taking it isnt even the worst of the two.

Dude was RBs coach when Jamaal Charles had by far his 2 best years...and then had a string where basically every year a new KC running back would become a 5ypc guy on 50+ carries. Worst case scenario, he's bringing intimate knowledge of that scheme

10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

FUUUUUCK THAT. Toenail shit is the worst; I used to do a yearly "land on my big toe wrong and blood blister behind the nail"...just waiting weeks for it to finally fall off and begin again.

11. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

probably against my better judgement but i genuinely think i would rather face down a mother grizzly bear then a swarm of wasps lol. ive got pretty good nerves w most things i think but bees/wasps have always terrified me

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  12. losing your big toenail is terrible. had a full trash can slam it once when i was 13, i’ll never forget the feeling of putting on a sock without a nail

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

14. Victor Eremita

Well now I have new irrational fear

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh I mean I'd take Bienemy over McDaniels any damn day of the week lol. I'd take Bienemy over any known coach but wouldn't take him over any of the unknowns.

But like, Jamaal Charles yeah was great but he was great before and mostly consistent minus his injuries. Then there's Kareem Hunt who is still great on another team. The two years without an elite back he had Spencer Ware who was just okay in 2016 and Alex Smith was his #2 rusher in 2015. Like, the hype is not because of the RBs is because Kansas City is KANSAS CITY now. It's because of Mahomes, who he literally does not coach.

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahaha, ever since I’ve been super careful opening doors. It’s all about doors with me.

17. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

any of u ever cut urself right on the adams apple while shaving? the worlds a scary place lol

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

no. because i don't shave with a razor. because i'm afraid of doing that.

19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I tried playing around with my mom in like 5th grade, I jumped on the door when she opened it when I came home from school. Only to discover it was my little sister who opened it, and whose uncovered foot was close to the door, and it ripped her big toenail off.

Felt bad about that ever since and I don’t prank anyone anymore lol

20. Victor Eremita

I never even thought that could happen now I’m not using doors

21. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Also going along with the shaving thing: when I was in like 2nd grade, I cut myself with a pocket knife on my thumb while I was alone at home. Not understanding fully how serious or not serious it was, I thought I was done for. I wrapped it up as best as I could and wrote a will of sorts and left it downstairs. Went up to my room and just waited for the end until I fell asleep

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

motherfucker i do that now

Zach and spreadthehummus2321 like this.
  23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Oh, I get this too with my glasses. Its gotten worse owning a home...because early on I had some leaks in a few places that I had to patch...and so now I see reflections or weird shadows and my mind instantly goes to "fuck, there's another hole to patch" before realizing its light from the blinds

24. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Lol my irrational fear is opening a bottle of champagne. I lost one ball to cancer and scrubs convinced me it’s possible to lose a ball opening a bottle of champagne so I legit go in the other room when beads opens a bottle.

25. preppyak

Elite Supporter

We have our winner, folks!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.