Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1328

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Kliff had been a bad HC and was fired for it haha. McVay was still raw. The Packers coach was hired just for knowing McVay. With guys like Brady you take the risk.

2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

you still won't convince me that Kingsbury is any good

Kyler covers up for a lot of his shittiness IMO

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I've had three teams in my life and somehow I've seen Mike Glennon and Brandon Allen start on 2 each.

4. Yeah, I mean it wouldn't surprise me if someone did. I just don't see him being good at it for a couple seasons. Hopefully one of these turd teams is patient with him if they go for it.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

agree

and getting the aftermath of the Jamal Adams trade (2 firsts is huge especially from a team like Seattle who has a very low floor in the event that Wilson ever misses time) but not the backlash in the moment is another perk

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  6. Night Channels

Trusted

Confirmation that Manish stalked Joe Douglas' kid at a Phillies game...

The stuff about him following Christopher Johnson into an elevator at the NFL Combine is crazy too.

This will hopefully be the final straw for him.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  7. PeacefulOrca Nov 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2020)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Unfortunately, tdn got bought out by a shitty no care conglomerate a few years back and it’s been really unorganized since. I assume whoever’s in charge is just some rando who has several other jobs because they could barely afford their rent. It’s really sad.

Night Channels likes this.
  8. Trevor Lawrence, a bunch of picks, tons of cap, and maybe a new GM that comes in with you

I think that's a job I'd take

uuu likes this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Jags >>>>

10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Night Channels likes this.
  11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

If we can't get a Chief + Brady. then I hope its Dodds + Eberflus.

13. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

They are in a better situation than the Panthers last year in terms of future mold-ability, and he hates the Packers.

14. Night Channels

Trusted

Absolutely not getting a new GM. Joe Douglas is awesome.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Another thing a new coach would like, a franchise left tackle with becton

Max_123 and Night Channels like this.
  16. Night Channels

Trusted

17. Did he hire Gase? I can't remember how the front office stuff went with the Jets.

He has been solid at drafting and trading pieces. So keeping him around is probably a good thing.

18. Night Channels

Trusted

No, Mike Maccagnan and Christopher Johnson hired Adam Gase.

The only good thing Gase has done with the Jets is stab Maccagnan in the back and get him fired right after the 2019 NFL Draft. Douglas came in shortly after that.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Jets and Jags are two of the most enticing HC destinations in a while and they're gonna end up with Jim Harbaugh and Robert Saleh*

*nothing at all against Saleh but going with a defensive coach is dumb, going with someone who might not even be a top three defensive coach available is extremely dumb

20. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Becton is Bryant McKinnie 2.0 and people thought his fat butt was Ereck Flowers.

21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’d obviously prefer to keep Eberflus, but I don’t think his stock will go higher than it is this season so I’m coming around a little bit on hoping he gets to cash in and prove himself as a HC

Besides the Hooker injury in week 2, there has not been a notable long-term injury on the defensive side of the ball for the Colts. And it helps when the front office can draft for the scheme well enough that the injury replacement just so happens to be a defensive ROY candidate. What he’s done has been awesome, but I’m not sure that they’d be in as good of a position if they had depth guys being asked to play key roles instead

Dodds, on the other hand, will make me very sad to lose in the coming years and I can’t sugar coat that one

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. Night Channels

Trusted

Incorrect. Woody Johnson will come back from the UK and hire Lovie Smith to develop Trevor Lawrence.

Max_123 likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

LOL

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh god no

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah Eberflus is gone this year if someone wants him. I wouldnt be upset with him. I think he could do some pretty great things in New York too.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.