Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.
Russ isn't even top 3 anymore
its Kyler, Mahomes, Rodgers
Yeah I think the race is between those 4, but with seven games left I don’t think it matters much who is the front runner. They’re all close enough that any of them could win it. Still pulling for Wilson.
In other news, in one of my economics classes the reading taught me that “The Feds” means slang for federal government official and that “The Fed” (no “s”) is the Federal Reserve System and not to goof them up.
Quality money being spent!
ECON classes are trash. Idk if they're still teaching the same shit as they were when I originally went to college. But someone needs to get it through these archaic cretins' heads that Keynsian Economics were theorized in the 1930s....
1) back when no one knew what to do about the great depression, and economists just threw shit at the wall to see what sticks,
2) before banks offered subprime mortgages,
3) before outsourcing existed,
4) before manufacturing industries declined,
5) back when high top marginal tax rates actually funded social programs for struggling people,
6) back when the government actually regulated prices for utilities and other necessities,
and the big one,
7) back when tangible retail goods were what the economy relied on... You obviously now can't just use Supply and Demand to explain fuckin everything when things like networks, information, and electricity (which we use 20 times more of than back then) are intangible and run our economy. Because:
-Supply & shortages is of anything intangible are either partially or wholly artificial and easily manipulated;
-Supply channels are shared, so big companies easily block / extort smaller ones out of market share
-demand is constant and inflexible because people need those things even if they're too expensive
-competition is nearly non existent because most industries that were broken up and deregulated just ended up becoming oligopolies
And therefore economic equilibrium is not "self-regulated by the market" but set almost arbitrarily with collusive price fixing between a few powerful companies who control the industry & prevent other companies from undercutting them. And it's made worse when you deregulated the entire internet and power grid and put corrupt committees in charge... so now companies are just playing with "regulatory arbitrage" and spending most of their time finding "barely legal" ways to skirt responsibility and fair market rules.
/ECON201 & macroeconomics debunked
/Stop teaching that garbage in 2020
/GOP has been wrong about this for 60 years
Not sure that many people are really calling the Steelers frauds but
I don't know a single person calling the Steelers frauds.
Some talking heads and just people in the twittersphere
When they lose to the Jags they will be frauds though
They have to justify that contract somehow
Second round playoff game for us tomorrow afternoon.
Coach Napier's zone concepts are working over here in Austin.
Only because @spiffa0 is a coward and won’t play me in Tony hawk.
I haven't bought it yet. I will after I beat Jedi Fallen Order.
Steelers aren't frauds but obviously the Chiefs will get the benefit of the doubt because they're the defending champions
I can sleep well knowing Winston couldnt beat out a guy so bad he doesnt even have a position
... You can play people in Tony Hawk?
well there we go
Wow let's fucking GO.
lol can't wait to watch the Saints get fucking steam rolled this weekend