Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 1114

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Shame the Seahawks weren’t on hard knocks. Best episode ever

2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I can’t believe I go from despising the pats to rooting for them

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

well that was quick

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Literally already forgot Cam went to New England

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Dion Dawkins of "Shit I Forgot to Draft a Left Tackle in Madden" Fame

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Not trying to sound mean but how did you find a place to live or buy a car?

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

My credit was in the 700’s before I got a credit card 1-2 years ago. Just from paying bills/student loans on time I guess

9. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I actually have great credit. My student loans help, and my parents took out a card on my name for dental work that they paid off real quick and that helped.

10. Screenshot_20200813-175331~2.png

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

So you did have a credit card at one time then?

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

my credit score......exists

Owlex and PeacefulOrca like this.
  13. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Same.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m close to breaking 800 for the first time.

marsupial jones likes this.
  15. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Technically, but my parents had it and used it and it could only be used at the dentists office.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

spiffa0 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  17. Credit score is actually a dumb metric imo. I have a shit ton of debt due to school, mortgage, other lines of credit, etc. But I pay on time and my ratio is really good because I have such a large amount I can draw down on.

Then you have someone who is struggling but more financially responsible than I am and their credit score is in the toilet.

18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

yeah it's a really wacky system in place. you can have too many accounts open and that looks bad, but don't have enough and then you're told you basically look "suspicious" because companies / lenders can't get a good read on you even though people may not want to open accounts because that could lead to trouble or hassles. and of those accounts some are "good debt" and others are "bad debt".

hell, i'll get dinged a few points when an account i haven't used in five years for a furniture store with a max limit of 500 bucks closes because it lowers my overall credit limit and it's one less open account for lenders to see history from, even though my total credit usage is less than 2% and i used that account once for a $200 chair in 2015 that i paid off the following month

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

It’s a smart metric when you realize that it’s a metric that measures how good of a customer you are to lenders, not a tool to measure how good your finances are. Too few accounts and loans pending and it’s less likely that you’re the type to blindly pay a bunch of interest to lenders, and therefore get less good of a score.

20. preppyak

Elite Supporter

If you want to watch your credit score explode, buy a house. All the mortgage approval stuff, seeing your debt->credit score go from 0% to 99%, its fun to watch it just plummet.

21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

My credit score dropping by paying off my car still irks me.

22. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I too took a credit score hit for paying off my car early. Im convinced that the whole thing is basically a scam by lenders and credit card companies to encourage debt and interest and at the same time if you want to buy a house and you aren’t filthy rich you have to play the game.

uuu likes this.
  23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

My favorite scam in it all is that if you apply for a credit card, it knows your exact score and says yes or no immediately on your approval. But somehow, I can call in and some schmoe making $10/hr can magically approve me even if my credit score says I dont qualify?

24. Refs are starting to opt out. Cancel the season.

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. preppyak

Elite Supporter

None of the five on-field officials who opted out are referees, Pelissero added.

Although, truthfully with this standard I'd have completely opted out as a ref

Any official with concerns about COVID-19 could voluntarily elect to take a leave and would receive $30,000 and guaranteed job protection for the 2021 season.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.