Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Wildcard • Page 54

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Always trust the math

3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm gonna make my grindcore band Surrender Index

4. David-

Trusted

Analytics are def overrated but I think with how much they're down by you gotta go for it in case cleveland scores like they just did.

5. you’re the only person who thinks Tomlin made the right move LOL

DarkHotline and FTank like this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

interesting.

I feel like for football it would change how GM’s build teams and of course how they would take risks in the game, how little punting may go on, fewer field goals, etc.

I also wonder how long Bears games would take since they have a decent defense keeping them in games but an office that would be brutal in getting the requisite number of points

preppyak likes this.
  7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This, by the way, is pretty clear. We went for it on 4th and 2 by the goal line, but no 4th and 1 there? And not inside the 40 earlier? All over the place

8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I know it will never happen, but, I do like the notion of losing a point for punting. Like, trapped on your own side of the field on 4th and long, you'd surrender a point versus likely giving up a FG...but we'd see a lot more aggressive offense, especially on 3rd and long to get to 4th and <5

marsupial jones likes this.
  9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Lol fuck yeah

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

The sum total of the last four years of Steelers football are these stats...and they arent good.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The browns defense is fucking dogshit in second halves

12. David-

Trusted

The browns defense is so ass

13. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Honestly I’m just happy they made it kind of interesting and rallied some sort of fight back. Losing by like 40+ would’ve been mad depressing

14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

And right back to where we were 5 minutes ago

15. Makes the decision to punt even more baffling

David- likes this.
  16. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe 20 years from now there will be no punters. Every drive is a 4 down drive.

17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This is always how the Steelers play (except like 50% of the time against the Patriots). Up by 30, win by 3. Down by 30, lose by 3. I'd bet we have the fewest number of losses by >10 in the decade (even including 2019...but certainly without).

edit: Only real bad non-Patriots blowout I can think of is the Big Ben 5INT game, and even that took 2 pick-6's for the Jags to win 30-9.

Owlex likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Just run the ball, they can't stop Chubb

19. Tomlin is basically Marvin Lewis/Mike McCarthy at this point

20. preppyak

Elite Supporter

In bizarro world known as October 2020, the Steelers beat this team 38-7 and Ben threw 22 times to the Steelers 37 rushes.

oncenowagain and imthesheriff like this.
    FTank, DarkHotline, I Am Mick and 5 others like this.
  22. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Too soon.

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Nah, Marvin Lewis never won a playoff game. Thats a different level.

McCarthy though...real similar W/L record and both at just over .500 in the playoffs. If Tomlin had had another .500 or lower season this year, I could have seen him gone. And if he struggles once Ben is gone, I could see them moving on.

But theres a LOT of bad coaches in the league, so, Tomlin is still top 10ish

stvvvn likes this.
  24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly if I were the browns I would have went for it here. Either you put the game away for good or you make the Steelers go 90 yards for a score

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. David-

Trusted

If I counted right they have 15 losses by 10+ since 2010 in the reg season.