Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Wildcard Round • Page 88

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. clucky

Trusted Supporter

lol imagine if after all this time of the two of you spewing "we suck game over" when your team is up by 10 just because the other team got the ball back you and @chcougar1 decide to have one of the most civilized match threads of the season :crylaugh:

chcougar1 likes this.
  2. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Vikings are going to keep winning if people doubt them. Its when you shine a spotlight on them they crumble.

That said, Go Chiefs. Go Titans. Go Vikings. Go Pack.

3. like I've been saying

4. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

The Seahawks are cockroaches. Russ is incredible and I love watching him but holy shit 90% of their games are a chore to sit through. I fully expect them to get Minnesota at home in two weeks because that's how fate works.

Victor Eremita, clucky and preppyak like this.
  5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

He's playing in NE next year everyone stfu already the Afc east is tired of the bullshit

Brent and spreadthehummus2321 like this.
  6. DooDooBird

Trusted

Imagine if Brady came back and signed with someone stupid like the Chargers and went 3-13. That would be a far shittier way to end your career than losing as a Patriot in the playoffs.

BirdPerson and Brent like this.
  7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I want to like Russ but the fans in this city are so ass and so much of the time their success is really a mixture of Wilson's skill and dumb bullshit luck that I just can't.

8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

on the other hand, if 44 year old Tom Brady leads the Browns to a super bowl title we'd have to just end the league and start an NFL 2 because there would be no topping that ever.

BirdPerson and Victor Eremita like this.
  9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Dan Patrick has been saying that for awhile.

Also...

10. DooDooBird

Trusted

Does Baker Mayfield get hit by a bus in the off season in order for this to happen?

Brent likes this.
  11. clucky

Trusted Supporter

he gets to go live at a nice farm upstate

12. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Id buy it; Patriots are a team suited to doing a full reset if they want and trading a bunch of older vets for draft picks (Edelman, Gilmore, McCourty, Chung, Cannon, etc). But you kill the value of doing that by giving Brady a $30mil/yr deal (already with $13.5mil dead cap). They could have a Browns/Dolphins level of cap space and draft picks if they wanted

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I hope the Seahawks beat the packers by 3 scores

14. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

lol there were like 9 seconds left and they were near their own endzone. I keep seeing these Brady threw the game ending interception takes, they’re kinda dumb. I guess it’s more flashy and meme worthy than the fact that he could only score 13 points though

15. broken22

(:

Go Packers, Go Vikings, Go Titans, Go Chiefs.

uuu likes this.
  16. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Friend.

17. broken22

(:

Give me Rodgers/Mahomes in the SB.

18. Victor Eremita

We were robbed of that matchup this year.
    I’d rather see Wilson v Mahomes though because I think Wilson is just better right now and if it’s a shootout I trust him to keep it close. I also trust Wilson to keep it close if it’s low scoring that’s just how he is for some reason

broken22 likes this.
  19. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This feels SOOOOO much like Peyton towards the end. Team would start strong, and by like Weeks 6-8, itd start falling off as he wore down. Pats didnt break 20 points most of the 2nd half of the season...even with some garbage defenses on their slate.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  20. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm rooting for the opposite team in every game lol

21. To me, this was a perfect storm of a lack of talent around Brady. He had a pretty poor offensive line (ranked too high in some recent polls imo), a running back who can barely break a tackle and receivers (including Edelman in some key spots this year) who seem allergic to catching a pass.

For me personally I blame this season’s under-performance on the front office work. They did very little to try to enhance the team that barely won the Super Bowl last year. I’m a big Pats fan, but they barely deserved to be in the playoffs, and I don’t really put all of that on Brady (although he certainly has his flaws at 42).

Victor Eremita likes this.
  22. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Still marveling at this

theagentcoma and DrAlanGrant like this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This is not human. What the fuck. I watched the game and didn’t even realize this happened

24. Victor Eremita

It kind of does but I don’t see the steep physical decline that we saw with Manning. Brady does have zip on his throws and in that last game he threw a Hail Mary at the end of the first half that looked like it went 65-70 yards in the air. It didn’t help that Manning never really had a great spiral and when his arm went that wobble just looked awful haha.
    Having said that Brady just does not look like he can stand in the pocket and take a hit to deliver an accurate ball. Not that many qbs can but the great ones can, and he used to do it as well as anyone. They didn’t surround him with any talent this year but they never really do, and even when Gronk was often injured and missing time the pats were still a lock for 28 points.

preppyak and Fucking Dustin like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.