Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 9 • Page 12

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Cant wait for the buffalo dufuses to lose tonight

2. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Be careful what you wish for. You haven't had to go through any sort of "blow it up and start over" in your football lifetime.

You don't want that. This thread doesn't want that. I don't think Chorus would survive through that storm.

3. Whatjuliansaid

I think drew just would disappear tbh lol he doesn't have the patience to get to the playoffs every year and lose, I doubt he has the patience to wait 5 years to be good enough to make the playoffs

4. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Christ....Matthews looks over his outside shoulder and not the inside one and this is a touchdown and probably the game winner (big assumption that he doesn't let it hit him in his stone hands and drop it)

5. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

In regards to that post to Drew....I also acknowledge that I have it "pretty good" as an Eagles fan. Despite never winning the championship, the majority of my adult years have had at least a semi-competitive football team to root for.

The mid-late 90s was rough for me as an Eagles fan with the days of Doug Pedersen, Bobby Hoying, Ty/Koy Detmer at QB but I was also in my early teens and was easily distracted by other things and did not let football affect me the way it might now. But Christ, if you've never experienced a full rebuild in your 25+ years of life basically, you should tread carefully in what you wish for.

The Packers, for example, have FOUR (4) losing seasons in 25 years. Jesus, man.

Jags: 12 losing seasons in their 21 year history.
    Browns: Browns have just THREE (3) winning seasons in that same 25 year period of the Packers listed above. Last Browns winning season? 2007. They won 10 games, lol.

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

imagine going from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers

imagine going from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck

man. thats 35-40 years worth of QB play.

Randall Mentzos and Joe4th like this.
  7. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Again, despite not winning the Super Bowl...the Eagles struck gold with McNabb and I am forever grateful that happened over the likes of Tim Couch/Akili Smith but since trading him back in 2010, they've been on a six year search for the next franchise QB with a bunch of stop gaps.

It appears that they finally found the guy but now need to work on putting talent around him.....finding that QB is so god damn hard (just ask Cleveland) and I guess you could probably ask Jacksonville too, at this point.

8. Whatjuliansaid

Cleveland passed on multiple acceptable qbs and players in general in the last few years though. That has to count for something

9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

That 2-14 season was painful in between Manning and Luck though. I can't imagine having that year in and year out, but I can't remember a less enjoyable football game to watch as a fan than the 62-7 SNF Saints game that year.

10. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm sorry it just irks me to hear a Colts fan complain about 2012 lol. At least you guys bounced right the fuck back. We haven't even had a 6 win season since we cut David Garrard and drafted Gabbert.

Our last playoff appearance was the same year as the Browns!!!! Man 2007 was fucking weird.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  11. preppyak

Elite Supporter

And still missed the playoffs that year.

I know the feeling as a Steelers fan, until we got Big Ben. The Kordell Stewart/Tommy Maddox/Jeff Graham/other idiots years were....not great. They wasted a lot of good defense on shitty QBs.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

Neil o Donnell is a dufuds

13. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Tommy Maddox: from Comeback Player of the Year and back to third string two years later lol

14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

That's true.

That 2011 season was bad in a different way than a decade of awful play is though. It came out of nowhere, saw one of the most consistent NFL teams put up one of the worst single seasons of the decade statistically, and ended with most of the guys I'd grown up cheering for, including the franchise savior and arguably GOAT QB, getting shown the door unceremoniously.

Long term, it looks like a fortunate turn of events that led to the Colts having two franchise QBs for most of their careers. But its still probably my least favorite season for any of my favorite teams in any sport (including the ones that aren't perennial contenders).

15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

How bout them Jets QB's lmao

Joe4th and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  16. Whatjuliansaid

Testaverde to Pennington

17. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I became a 49ers fan sometime around 2003 just in time to not enjoy any of their historic success, wallow in a decade+ of misery, then go all eagles and have my heart broken for 3 years, only to dive back into said misery.

18. jrock920

Regular

i really hope the packers don't degress to browns levels anytime soon

19. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

They're getting pretty close.

20. Whatjuliansaid

Fuck the bills

21. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

The Buffalo Bills just had a 17 play, 10 minute touchdown drive. Football.

22. jrock920

Regular

amazing catch

23. chcougar1

Trusted

Graham is playing out of his mind.

24. jrock920

Regular

pretty much

25. chcougar1

Trusted

Bahaha what is going on?!