Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 8 • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Not sounding pissy at you, just in general but how the fuck do you think I feel

2. Randall Mentzos Oct 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2016)
    Randall Mentzos

If Bortles "took a step forward" from a 35 TD, 4500 yard season he'd be unquestionably the Jags franchise QB and he'd be talked about like Derek Carr is being talked about. If he even maintained that level of play while our defense improved, that's a lot more winnable ballgames. Instead he's gone straight back to a lot of bad habits, both mechanically and mentally, as his rookie year, which was laughably bad.

It's so bad that I kinda want to see Brandon Allen, a 6th round rookie. Not for any long term period of time... but if fucking 7th round Trevor Siemian can be a starter (and Paxton Lynch looked a lot like Bortles does now when he was in lol) then dammit why are we letting this guy wreck our whole offense without showing him that we trust RESULTS, not practice/previous achievements.

Bench him for 3 games. Change of pace pitcher. See if Allen can throw 225 yards and 1 or 0 INTs and we can at least stop the bleeding even if not win. See if Robinson gets in a rhythm or Julius Thomas gets the targets he deserves. That's HONESTLY better than this.

If Bortles is truly the competitor he thinks he is then he would respond great to getting benched and come out of it a better QB. (Lol) Lose/lose situation imo but at this point I feel like you have to bench Bortles considering Allen looked good in preseason.

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

If Allen becomes our starter every single one of you not named Anton fucking Chigurh owes me a beer.

4. Randall Mentzos

I don't care man Bortles has been that bad. You more so want to bench him to make a statement to him than to give Allen the reins, although if Allen finds a way to play cleaner then maybe you sit tight and lose in a less ugly fashion for a few games while you work on the running game.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh, I meant Anton and I were the only ones high on Brandon Allen and the rest of you scrubs can eat sand.

But also I don't support benching Bortles because we'd bench him for Chad Henne which makes me post this

[​IMG]

Trotsky likes this.
  6. Trotsky

Trusted

I thought Anton was lost in the exodus

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  7. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Brandon Allen is fine when he doesn't piss his pants and immediately run out of the pocket

8. Whatjuliansaid

Paper rival only live stream in our hearts

9. Randall Mentzos

Our QB depth chart should be adjusted as follows:

1. Brandon Allen
    2. Blake Bortles
    3. Denard Robinson
    4. Call Cecil Shorts cause he had like two 30 yard WR passes back in the day
    5. Gus Bradley steps in himself
    6. .... (Henne is still cut in this scenario)

10. Whatjuliansaid

Cecil shorts isn't an FA anymore... why I have no idea

11. Randall Mentzos

Also Matt I liked Brandon Allen. You pointed me in his direction, sure, but I agreed he was very underrated when I did the scouting. Honestly only fell to round 6 because he's only 6'0" 210 lbs. Has good fundamentals (he's a coach's son so he's probably been doing it right since age 5) and knows well how to play it safe and not turn the ball over when he needs to imo.

And again had a good preseason, shower accuracy and ability to move in the pocket (though he lacks top notch arm strength and would have to rely more on touch)

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I thought you were Anton....

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Let's just put Robinson in, draft Lamar Jackson, and become a triple option team.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  14. Trotsky

Trusted

Heavens no, child. I don't know half as much about football, and I don't think I know 1/4 as much.

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Anton is Night Channels

16. Trotsky

Trusted

I don't know what this means, but I want to say it's witty

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well then who are you hahaha

18. Trotsky

Trusted

19. Whatjuliansaid

You're not Anton though...

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

It me

21. Trotsky

Trusted

22. Whatjuliansaid

23. Randall Mentzos

Speakhandsforme

I picked him and his persona up instantly.

24. Randall Mentzos

I would stop being a Jaguars fan. Fuck triple option. This isn't rugby lol

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Of course it isn't, there aren't as many injuries in rugby and they actually give a shit if there are.

Randall Mentzos likes this.