Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 7 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Oct 20, 2016.

1. jrock920

Regular

ty!

2. That throw to Adams for the TD was awful too

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

"That was Carey with the carry" God dammit Nantz go home

Owlex likes this.
  4. chcougar1

Trusted

Glad I gave up on Adams in dynasty. Oh wait.

Also, why the hell did I start two bears (Howard and Miller) in fantasy tonight?

5. Fucking Dustin

THE O LINE ON THAT LAST SNAP hahahaha

6. Trotsky

Trusted

Man, who knew all it would take is being covered by an UDFA rookie to make Davante into a GOAT.

7. Cobb caught one!

8. Rodgers still 6 yards away from 300 haha

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Rodgers sucks! boo! hiss!

am I doing this right?

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. 294 yards on 54 attempts

11. True - but he's had a really good season before tonight

12. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

*Rodgers struggles for 16 straight games*

*Throws for three TDS, but under 6 ypa against a Bears D that has a billion injuries*

"SEE, HES THE BEST"

13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

who said he is the best?

all I said was that his WRs were shit recently including tonight. he should have 2 more TDs

14. Trotsky

Trusted

I mean, he's averaged 3 catches/45 yards per game. Compared to last season, those are HOF numbers, but certainly nothing compared to tonight. He's a catch away from doubling his season catch count.

15. Fucking Dustin

Rodgers is pretty much Peyton now IMO: a great game manager and cerebral force before the snap who can exploit defenses but can't make the throws he used to

16. Trotsky

Trusted

Also, Rodgers once against has COMPLETELY ignored Janis when he's wide open. It's fucking weird. On one scramble, Janis was literally jumping up and down waving his arms in the endzone like a guy stranded on a deserted island.

17. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Receivers have been average, not shit. There are plenty of teams with a worse group of receiving options.

18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Rodgers scrambles for no reason half the time

19. Trotsky

Trusted

I hope that's sarcastic haha

He still has the league's best arm and can make crazy throws. But that critique from Warner posted yesterday is spot-on: his receivers have been so porous that he doesn't trust them and hesitates on throws and gets out of rhythm on the routes.

Peyton and Brees have/had spent many years winning with just their minds despite average-to-below average physical ability. Aaron has never, ever had the split-second decision making ability of Peyton or even Brees.

20. Fucking Dustin

It's not at all, he can't get into windows anymore because he hasn't had to rely on fundamentals throughout his career because of how talented he was. Now that he's aging, his talent is wearing which is natural, but they're not covering up his bad fundamentals which is causing his throws to be more off than they have in the past.

The trust is definitely a factor, and it's not ALL on Rodgers of course, but he's not blameless.

21. It evens out because his two throws to Adams for TDs were horrendous

22. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Honestly @jax was the only game this year Rodgers made the amazing throws we are used to. Kinda sucks cause I love his arm talent but it's not sustainable to have to totally rely on that because your supporting cast is just okay.

23. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I feel like Drew is the opposite of me. The Packers were on top of the league so he talked them down year after year until he was finally right.

One season, by statistical design, I will be right about the bottom rung Jags getting better lol

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  24. Trotsky

Trusted

Meh, I think the criticism of his fundamentals is a bit overblown. He's a Tedford product and had very good fundamentals coming out (and in my opinion he still does unless an angle of a throw/window requires he adjust). I'll pay a closer look, but I certainly haven't noticed any physical deterioration.