Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 4 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Sep 28, 2016.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yeah, what they said.

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I wish my team had a good trash talker

WATT: "Our goal was to make Andrew Luck look like Andrew Unlucky" would probably be some shit he'd say

DeviantRogue and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Meh, I just got out of bed haha. I just misread haha.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Darkwa gonna run for 100 yards vs the Vikings lol

5. Whatjuliansaid

He respects him in the highest manner

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I don't doubt that, it's just tiresome to be hearing it already for the reasons you mentioned.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  7. Randall Mentzos Sep 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2016)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I don't agree that he failed with time in the pocket. Just rewatched the game last night. He had good patience and moved well, only at the very end did he start holding the ball too long because he wanted to make something happen. Both those picks really were just great plays on what wouldve been the right decision by Bortles.

It's just a little annoying that his ball placement has been off. I keep seeing him make the right read and then just place it a bit off from where he would have hit the pass last year. Mosley pick was a rare play that showed insane talent but, even though Robinson did jump, he could have highpointed AROB more and got the pass out of his reach.

Also Bortles has JUST MISSED a deep TD to Lee in all 3 games against Baltimore.

Yeah but we can't just go down 21-0 at the half. That will lose you almost any game because you must become one dimensional and easier to defend. Elite QB or not, good playcalls or not, we can't get outplayed and out coached that bad by anyone. Not acceptable.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Green Bay doesn't have a good QB either ;-)

JJ seems like the type of guy to be a really good trash talker, so that's disappointing haha.

Highly doubt that happens.

9. Fucking Dustin

He'll trash talk offensive linemen all day and then they get him in the microphone about a quarterback and he turns into a boring ass GI Joe

10. Fucking Dustin

JJ's good at trash talking on the field but the moment a camera is in his face about a quarterback he goes childish about it hahaha

He'll destroy linemen's morales

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I can see that. On a slightly related note, I don't know if anyone here has watched The League but Watt was fantastic on the couple episodes he appeared in.

12. Fucking Dustin

I need to catch up hahaha, last season I watched was the 2012 season

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Even that would probably be better than Andrew Luck's actual trash talk!

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, you're missing at least three then haha. I think his episodes were in 2013. The last season of the show is garbage but up until then I still found it enjoyable.

15. Fucking Dustin

I imagine Andrew Luck being super calm with his team and calm on the field, and doing his whole "Good hit!" schtick

And then after the game they play Settlers of Catan and Luck is SEETHING with trash talk the whole time

16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I'm pretty sure I once saw a segment on how Andre Luck actually spends most of the game politely complimenting everyone on the field

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

He did sometimes. And other times he was clearly rushed or forced a play. I can't honestly say the first two picks were entirely Bortles fault but they wouldn't have happened had he placed the ball well. His ball placement has been very very bad.

I'm aware haha. That's because we aren't a good team with this coaching staff. Greg Olson needs to go regardless of what happens Sunday.

18. Whatjuliansaid

He loves Murica

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

What channels will the game be on tonight?

20. Randall Mentzos Sep 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2016)
    Randall Mentzos

Well the one tipped at the line was not bad placement because that was a check down. The ball was supposed to go 5 yards in front of him to Yeldon so it couldn't be an arcing pass, but it just got deflected by Jernigan. Even Aaron Rodgers gets picked off like that sometimes.

The Mosley one you can at least tell what he was trying to do, a safety was coming over the top and he tried to drop it a bit, he needed to just have the confidence that Robinson will go up and get it if he puts it high. He put the pass slightly low, but not terribly low I mean Mosley did have to leap backward and make a one handed grab to get it. 99 times out of 100 that is either a simple risk free pass deflection or the LB doesn't even get there. That was just CJ Mosley being CJ Mosley.

His ball placement hasn't been what we are used to, no. Let's not be overly pessimistic and say very very bad, hes not erratic like a Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he has not been precise. Decision making has been fine, accuracy issues should be correctable considering he was very accurate last year. That's why I think him overthinking is the problem.

In terms of rushed, forced throws, there were 2 instances i noticed where he should have taken a checkdown instead of trying to get the ball to more covered ARob - but 1) both were third downs and he wanted to throw past the marker and probably didn't trust the underneath route to get the yards, which I like to see, I hate how Teddy Bridge for example always takes the check down even when it's stupid to do so. 2) AROB was absent till late in the game weeks 1 and 2 so the somewhat forced throws were just to try to get him in rhythm and force the defense to respect him. When you have a power possession receiver its good to push him a couple in the interest of damaging opposing DBs' confidence and morale, as long as the ball is placed in a spot very difficult to intercept.

Most of the game though I was actually surprised to see Bortles taking his time and sidestepping the rush to find the open man, you couldn't hear that from the radio broadcast.

I like Olson's passing concepts but he has shown zero ability to coach our running game and appears very poor at responding to the opposing team dialing up extra pressure. Offensive line is clearly not his strong suit and that alone makes him a poor fit for us.

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I think just NFLN

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I like Olson's passing concepts in the same way I would like pretty much anyone's. What I hate is the playcalling. I don't care what scheme he has if he doesn't know how to use it. I feel like you shouldn't be able to play Madden for one half and look at an NFL offensive coordinator and go "that's not going to work."

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

it me, the depressed 1-3 football fan after tonight that should be 0-4

24. Randall Mentzos

Haha yeah I agree with you entirely on this line of logic

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone know where the game can be streamed?

Feel free to delete this if it's against forum rules.