Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 4 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Sep 28, 2016.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Fingers crossed for the opposite! :)

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Me either man

The offense falling apart makes sense because our O line is terrible and Bortles is overthinking his more complex playcalls.

But I simply don't get how last week's defense, and the defense that limited Aaron Rodgers to 200 total yards and only 5 throws of over 15, did so fucking poorly in San Diego. I just don't know which Jags we are going to get and they SO RARELY are firing on all cylinders. Always some part of the team seriously underperforming compared to the potential they've shown. BAL and GB could have been good games but we missed far too many opportunities on offense... ugh.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

What if the game ends up really close and bottles throws for like 500 yards but then you lose by missing a field goal?

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Then the Texans will probably trade for their kicker

5. Randall Mentzos

Then our defense blew it

6. Randall Mentzos Sep 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2016)
    Randall Mentzos

Will say this: Jalen Ramsey had a perfect game against Baltimore. I get that it's dumb for any player of a shit team to talk any trash but I can certainly say he's backing his arrogant attitude up with his play. Ramsey has only given up two 7 yard passes to Steve Smith so far this season, he has shut down every other pass coming his way.

-He got tried deep twice and was all over it
    -No one got away from him clean at the line, looks easy for him to throw off route timing in press coverage calls
    -His tipped pass to Gipson's INT looked totally deliberate, he freelanced off his assignment and aimed the ball into Gipson's hands
    -came within an inch or two of blocking the GW field goal (right after they blocked ours, too)
    -Has to be in the top 1 percentile of CB power and toughness. He laid out/pancaked 6 different guys between hard tackles, special teams blocks, and even on Gipson's INT return he used his skinny 209 pound body and knocked TWO guys flat on their backs

Criticize his attitude, that's fair, but he is the REAL DEAL in terms of talent.

It's weird to say he and Telvin are playing lights out when we are 0-3. They have both showed up constantly... our playmakers are making plays but we are still leaving gaps in coverage and missing running assignments, the D still lacks chemistry or proper communication.

7. I still don't like Jalen Ramesy.

8. Fucking Dustin

Jalen Ramsey is like a Halo player, he's good at what he does but he has to also throw into his trash talk that he had sex with my mother

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

He's worn out his welcome after three NFL games, I'm already incredibly sick of him.

10. Whatjuliansaid

Denver by 100 Bucs are tanking for Garrett.

11. Randall Mentzos

Again your team has Clay Matthews though. Do you root for him? Cause he talks just as much shit and he's a 30 something grown man that doesn't even have that "cocky naive young player" excuse

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Jalen Ramsey kinda seems like the guy who would give himself a nickname

I like him though, I just wish he'd quit fucking my mom

And I hate Clay Matthews

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  13. Whatjuliansaid

Just so we're clear for the future, I respect and admire your mother.

14. Didn't Clay hop in on that ?

15. Fucking Dustin

Fuck You Aurora likes this.
  16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That's kind of why I don't mind it as much though, I feel he's earned the right to be like that to some extent. Same reason I don't mind it from guys like Richard Sherman. But when you're a rookie who hasn't accomplished anything yet and you play for a winless team, that rubs me the wrong way.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I like when players trash talk. If the player is on your team, then it gets you fired up. If he's not, it gives you something fun to root against in the midst of the game. I'd much rather something fun like that than rooting against Denver's D because Aqib Talib or rooting against last year's Cowboys D because Greg Hardy

18. Randall Mentzos

Well if the issue is earning it, his play so far has been phenomenal. He's very very early to his own "I'm awesome" train, not arguing that, and it does draw attention away from a bad team's trying to humbly correct their issues... but I think in about 2 or 3 years we will all come to accept his trash talk as we have for the guys you've mentioned.

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm gonna go ahead and throw out that there was probably a better reason to root against Greg Hardy.

20. Randall Mentzos

He's arguing that trash talk isn't as bad as hating a player like Talib and Hardy who are actually needlessly violent shitheads

FTank and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

I think that's what @whitenblue88 meant, that he enjoys rooting against someone because of trash talking, opposed to having to deal with people who are just not good human beings at all being in the NFL and rooting against teams because of what shitheads they've allowed to play for them.

That's how I'm interpreting it at least. It's hard to word right.

22. Fucking Dustin

Randall said it much better in a much shorter way (first time that'll ever be said)

FTank and Randall Mentzos like this.
  23. Randall Mentzos

And only time

24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Sorry, that was unclear. What I meant was I would root against the Cowboys D because of the fact that Greg Hardy was employed, not because of anything related to trash talking. And I'd much rather have a fun reason to root against a D like trash talking than something like that.

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bortles is overthinking everything. He messed up simple concepts too. And he also failed when he had time in the pocket as well. It's not just one thing causing a chain reaction, it's all a mess.

Also, Rivers is elite too, let's not forget. But it was really the running game and how they kept us guessing. Good playcalling, you could call it. Which yeah, Green Bay doesn't have that.