Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 4 [Archived] Football • Page 21

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Can't decide if I wanna pick up any of those two defenses, meh

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I had no idea the Castle was still in the league

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

No idea why I read Mark Castle as Mark Sanchez.

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Imo, if you’re not sold on the Chiefs in the AFC, who are you sold on? I could buy maybe Denver or The Pats because they’re the Pats. But the Chiefs have passed the eye test I think

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

They're clearly the team to beat in the AFC. There's no one else even close at the moment

FTank and Owlex like this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Denver is a good #2 for me. Would probably be 1a and 1b if they didn't have to share a division haha

Owlex likes this.
  7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I think there's considerable difference between Smith and Siemian though. I don't think at this point they can be considered equals, or even close to equals.

8. Fucking Dustin

I agree, but I also think Denver has a better overall team outside of the QB position.

IMO:
    RB = Advantage KC
    WR = Advantage DEN
    OL = Not sure which is better but I do know one of KC's best linemen is out
    Pass rush = Advantage DEN
    Run defense = Advantage DEN
    Coverage = Advantage DEN

9. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Denver definitely has the better defense, especially with Berry out. Siemian at his best is Smith, at his worst he can be brutal. If he doesn't turn the ball over I think advantage goes Denver because they also have a running game they can finally rely on.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  10. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Home field will definitely be key though. Tough to win on the road at both DEN/KC

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I was never sold on the chiefs, despite being a big proponent of the “you don’t need stars” mentality, until Hill. They seem to finally have that it factor. That said, steelers are at worst second in the AFC. If Ben even plays at half his normal potential they should beat the chiefs handily.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Steelers are very good too

I always laugh when every offseason people say the Steelers got worse and can't make the playoffs and they do it year after year after year regardless

13. Whatjuliansaid

The afc north is also garbage but I do think their defense has gotten better so far.

14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m biased as I’m a steelers fan but i agree. Their pre-season win lose projections always have them around 10-6 and, admittedly, that’s where they usually finish, but that’s usually due to losing to bad teams. On paper they should go around 13-3/14-2 imo.

Brandon Weeden reaches deal with Tennessee Titans
    Also I posted this in the politics forum too but this is definitive proof Kaep is being black balled. Kaep is exactly who you’d want filling in for a guy like Mariota and I can’t think of a QB I want less right now than BRANDON WEEDEN.

15. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess they're stupid. just signed brandon weeden.

16. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

The Steelers lost to Mike Glennon

17. Fucking Dustin

Was reading old threads and saw this exchange and laughed

Wow the Jaguars are really weak at CB2

18. Whatjuliansaid

Dustin is to happy rn

19. Fucking Dustin

20. Fucking Dustin

Was specifically looking for all Matt's posts in 2016 about how the Steelers probably wouldn't make playoffs and how it's crazy to assume they'd make the AFCCG

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

They do that shit every year though. I always feel better about them playing division leaders than I do division bottom-dwellers

22. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Losses like that means in all likelihood they will play the Chiefs in Kansas City in the playoffs and Ben is a trash QB on the road. In that situation, far more likely that the Chiefs beat the Steelers handily than the other way around.

23. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Thing about last year, Steelers matched up better against KC and their time management much better than they matched up against the Pats. On the other hand, I think the Chiefs were a much better matchup for the Pats. Having Hill emerge further and Hunt gives that offense an edge they didn’t have last year to compete against the Steelers.

Only way I see the Steelers taking the AFC is if they get home field advantage. Less games, less opportunities to fuck up a game they should win and perform better at home. Because they’re absolutely good enough to beat anybody. But Bears-like games are bound to happen in the regular season, and could easily have an off game in the playoffs too.

24. Whatjuliansaid

Yea, the steelers play different in the playoffs. They held well against the pats, Ben just didn't look very good.

js977 likes this.
  25. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

You'd probably find them easier by searching for my dissenting dissertations about how the Steelers almost always find a way to backslide in. Haha

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.