Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 3 [Archived] Football • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Deathco_019

Drummer

I was just joking because I saw it recently haha.

But damn, wish I stayed up and watched this game now.

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

crazy that the Rams have scored 40+ points twice in three weeks.

might be even crazier that they gave up 39 to the 49ers last night. what's going on with their defense?

3. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Damn didn't watch the game but checked out the box score first thing in the morning. Who woulda thought these two would have a shootout huh?

4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I went to sleep early in the second half but kept up by watching the stats. Weird game all around.

5. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

I told a friend of mine that the game was pretty good around half time, but he said that a game between the rams and 49ers could never interest him. I kept telling him about it though, and he started halfway through the fourth. When the 49ers scored their last TD he called me yelling and shouting cause he got so into it

6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

still think the Rams offense is due for a slump. They seem like the kind of team that has a honeymoon and then the rest of the NFL figures them out on tape.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I feel like it'll just be inconsistent, 8-8ish and they look 8-8ish the whole way

On fire one day and shit the next

8. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

The Rams beat the Colts without Davis and the 49ers. There's little reason to truly believe in their offense yet.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  9. Randall Mentzos

i disagree with that. I feel like most NFL players don't have media skills and that makes them look dumber than they are. Some positions more than others obviously, but you definitely have to be fairly intelligent to be any good at the NFL level. I think "football players aren't smart" is more perception than reality, when it comes to professionals. Because you have to be able to learn quickly and know how to mentally adapt.... otherwise even if you WERE good, you'll start to become predictable or a one trick pony.

FTank likes this.
  10. Whatjuliansaid

This is like the dumbest thing I ever read, if you believe the earth is flat you're an idiot. No one said anything else, stop trying to make everything into an essay. You need to apply for a jags press internship man. We aren't talking about anything more than flat earthers.

11. Fucking Dustin

It's all dependent on whether you view intelligence as things you know or as your ability to learn.

For the former, Julian is right. For the latter, Randall is right.

Either way Jules's comment up there is way too harsh for something that's pretty accurate.

12. Whatjuliansaid

I never said NFL players are all dumb or anything. All I said was that flat earthing is a dumb theory and you have to be dumb to agree with it. There are clearly lots of intelligent players. This whole thing is way out of context. I see why Matt has to constantly debate Randall for multiple pages.

13. Fucking Dustin

Neither of those things are what you said in the comment though, you said "Being dumb af doesn't change your ability to play football tho", and it does.

14. Whatjuliansaid

Yes but it's entirely out of context dude. It was in response to a guy telling me Watkins sucks at football for being a flat earther and I said that's stupid, that's not why he wouldn't be good at football. Come on guys jfc

15. Fucking Dustin

Do you not want to discuss things? Because this is a discussion thread hahaha.

FTank and CarpetElf like this.
  16. Fucking Dustin

On a forum used for conversations about topics

17. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Shut up, Dustin. It's just about Whatjuliansaid, not Whatjuliandiscusses.

18. Deathco_019

Drummer

I definitely was just joking about the Watkins thing. I known him believing earth is flat has nothing to do with whether he's good at football or not. I was making a joke that somehow got blown way out of proportion

19. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

[​IMG]

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. Randall Mentzos

Julian, I am sorry I took your post out of context on accident.

I'm not sure why this hurt you so deeply. But I am sorry.

21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

22. Who's everyone got in there eliminator pool this week ? I'm rolling with the Bucs.

23. Fucking Dustin

I went with Miami. Picked Carolina week 1, Oakland week 2. I'm cheap.

24. I went with Pitt and Oakland the first two weeks. I'm looking for a cheap win with Bradford out again

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

That's a good idea. I think I already have Tampa selected for a future game (which can be edited obviously), considering changing it now

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.