Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 2 • Page 39

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Sep 11, 2018.

1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

look at their drafts the past 3-4 years. They are terrible.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

How many of those players are even still on the roster or have more than a depth role?

3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Interesting teams you mention... weren’t the Raiders just 12-4 two years ago? Look at them now. Jets went to back to back AFC title games and then fell off a cliff. I don’t think anyone has said “fire them now!” And if my original post came off that way that’s not how I meant it, because a change doesn’t mean success will follow.

I think it’s more that we all know how quickly things change in the NFL and last year Seattle was okay with an awful offensive line. This year the line is the same or worse and the defense is likely to be worse. And look at teams that will be better or just as good this year in the NFC (GB, Minny, LAR, SF, etc.) so yeah, they barely missed the playoffs last year but how are they better this year?

Just because Seattle won a Super Bowl 4 years ago doesn’t mean anything today. Much like players, is better to get rid of someone a year early than a year too late. Pete and Schneider aren’t there yet, not even close, but we all see the writing on the wall since last year. Why should I believe that bad drafts and trades will stop after this season?

xbrokendownx and PeacefulOrca like this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The Ravens are a good example of a team that have had success kinda recently but are clearly spinning their wheels over the last five years or so. Firing Harbaugh makes way more sense tha Carroll.

5. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the Ravens roster is WAY better than the Seahawks

and I hate the Ravens/Flacco

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

One of seattles biggest weaknesses isn't just their OL but the fact that they can't run the ball for shit behind them, like you can't face really good teams in the playoffs and constantly depend on Wilson tossing up 50/50 balls while running away from 5 pass rushers. A critical part of the receipt that made them so good is totally gone and so are half of those defensive pieces.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Again, when I first started replying to you I thought you were the guy saying to think about tossing them now.

I’m aware things change quickly in the league, but those two have shown that they cane in, drafted well, and coached their way to being dominant pretty damn quick.

To give up after one or two seasons is way too quick.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, the ravens are also not the best comparison because harbaugh inherited a team that was already really good and all he had to do was be competent. A lot of ravens fans don't love him either.

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Right, which is why I was saying someone like Harbaugh should be way closer to being tossed than Carroll.

Ozzie is great.

10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That was a catch?!?

11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I know you have to eventually have 2 tds as a carrer high as a qb but you’d hope it would be in their second game not their second year.

Texas Flood likes this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Who the fuck is Moore?

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is this gonna be like the packers game where the bears offense shits themselves?

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I love Tyler Lockett

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Me too but I'm pretty sure the ball he caught earlier was incomplete or a fumble

16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

These mnf commentators are real bad, not looking forward to next week

DooDooBird and PeacefulOrca like this.
  17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, McDonough lucked out

18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the bears defense is fun

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  19. DooDooBird

Trusted

Witten is incredibly bad. Sounds like he's out of breath and just doesn't speak very fluidly. Can't stand Booger very much either. I liked Tessitore's college coverage, but I feel like he was paired with someone that wasn't totally terrible then.

Owlex likes this.
  20. DooDooBird

Trusted

Russel Wilson isn't very good. Also, Pete Carroll just needs to retire.

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Russell bustle man muscle with the fumble

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Marcus spears would've been way better than either of them

23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

"The formula"

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I live for this