Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 2 • Page 38

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That being said, I can’t wait to play them next week.

2. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Owlex and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

the issue is that Schneider and Pete lucked the fuck out with a draft and a half and they're gonna ride that for the next decade. Pete is a good coach, no doubt, but they whiff so much on draft picks and wacko trade that it's finally caught up with them and no matter how good you can coach, if you don't have talent you can't do much.

the defense is young and may have some parts that can grow into a great player or two, but they really have to get their picks right the next year or two or this will continue to steamroll downhill.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Regardless, they’ve been to the playoffs more often than not and been to two Super Bowls, winning one of them.

To even float the idea that either are close to the hot seat is ludicrous. They’re one of the most successful teams of the last five seasons.

5. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

look at the roster now vs then

how many good players do they even have?

Wilson, Baldwin, E. Thomas, Wagner

thats....it.

FTank and Randall Mentzos like this.
  6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

So because they’re not a dynasty they should blow it up being one or two years removed from the playoffs?

Talk about shortsighted, jeez.

There are 20+ teams around the league who would KILL to have been as good as them and to toss them away so easily is nuts.

Start a rebuild again and if it doesn’t work for a few more years, then consider it.

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i agree that it's way too early to say anyone is on a hot seat, but this team has like, 5 players from the Super Bowl (losing) team. that's not a good sign and shows how quickly things change in football.

and if they don't use every draft pick on OL (aside from maybe one pick on a corner) i will be furious and so should the entire city of Seattle.

8. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I was shocked reading their “depth” chart at that MIN / SEA preseason game. Cause yeah. It’s all known shitty players and unknown names after that

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

First, my bad, I thought you were the original guy who suggested thinking about tossing them already.

Second, I see why you’re saying but I just can’t agree with dumping two guys who have proven they’re able to find talent and win a ring. Especially when they’ve only (barely) missed the playoffs once in the last six years. There are teams who haven’t won a playoff game in decades.

10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Pete Carroll is close to 70 years old. He is going to be gone sooner rather than later.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Young at heart!

12. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Austin Calitro hive!!

#novanation

13. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Tbh Pete looks like he’s in good shape still lol

He could coach for another ten years idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah he could but if your arrogance is dragging your franchise and it's qbs prime into the ground it doesn't really matter

15. Dinosaurs Dish Sep 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2018)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s only 1.5 years older than Belichick.

Owlex likes this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Coughlin got fired before he hit 70 and he won two super bowls

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

“Dragging your franchise into the ground”

They’ve made the playoffs five of the last six years and last year they missed the playoffs by one game.

In what universe is that dragging your team into the ground?

I’m not trying to be rude, but this kind of knee jerk reaction is just insane to me.

18. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Tom Coughlin coached until he was 100 years old, and I won’t be convinced otherwise

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Like, talk to fans of the Raiders, Bills, Jets, Browns, etc... if you want to see franchises that have been dragged into the ground.

I can’t imagine anyone thinking the Seahawks are anywhere near that. Even if they have a 5-11 season this year, they’re still not there.

There are only 2-3 teams that have been amble to stay dominate or near dominate for over five years at a time, so to can them right now is lunacy.

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

If you’re Russel Wilson (or any QB with a shitty o-line) do you ever hold out until your team addresses the problem? Probably would never happen but it would force the GM’s hand instantily imo

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

no one is denying their successful run, but like I said they are in need of a rebuild and don't have many good players on the roster

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Looking to the past of your franchise doesn't do shit for your future, look at the Giants trying to win now with a 37yr old qb who stinks and their roster is filled with hella randos

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

why does one of these MNF commentators sound like he is trying to imitate Gruden

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree they need to rebuild, but to think they’re running the team into the ground or deserve to be tossed is ridiculous.

The bare minimum they deserve is to be given the chance to do that rebuild. I mean, my god, they should be tossed for barely missing he playoffs once??? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

The instant gratification of fans drives me nuts sometimes.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The Giants of the past seven years are almost universally below average if not one of the worst teams in the league. The two situations aren’t comparable in nearly any way.