Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 2 [Archived] Football • Page 30

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

The Packers are actually a great example of the question: when is it time to move on to a new coaching staff?

On one hand - you won a Super Bowl with this QB, coach, defensive coordinator.

Same hand - you've been SO CLOSE so many times. 2 NFC Championship games, 15-1 regular season, numerous OT playoff losses (not blowouts)

On the other hand - it's been 7 years since that Super Bowl title which may or may not have been a magical hot streak (believe they were 10-6 and not great much during the season) and your top 5 all-time (to most) QB is now 33 years old and the o-line seems to be deteriorating

Maybe a fresh voice in the locker room would rejuvenate them and push them to another title? Or maybe it would confuse and piss them off and lead them to 8-8

2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

The Packers lost two of their best players early on, had a couple close calls go against them and were playing on the road against one of the best teams in the league..

Let's not plot their demise just yet

GrantCloud likes this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Exactly. Also it's game 2. No reason to panic.

4. They only won that Super Bowl cuz of Rodgers and a great defense - McCarthy and Capers has nothing to do with it

5. I don’t think anyone is panicking we just see the writing on the wall

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

"The season is over" - you

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. FTank likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

You said you've given up on this season. Coming from you, that's basically the same thing.

9. Yeah I’ve personally given up on giving a shit but I still also said they’d win 10-12 games - I don’t think they are bad I just don’t think they are good enough to win a Super Bowl - I’ll give most of my attention to the Brewers stretch run and the Bucks

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

One thing that should be a little concerning for Packers fans is their slow first half start two weeks in a row. Last week shut out in the first half and this week almost nothing after an opening drive TD. Granted this week has the loss of both tackles.

11. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

See: Denver Nuggets

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'd fire them at this point. Bring in a great coach like Doug Marrone or something.

13. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Fraudgers for a top 5 rb next year

14. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

If Marrone doesn't fire Hackett by week 6 he will lose my grace period very quickly.

Still like Todd Wash, Tom Coughlin, and Caldwell has redeemed himself for Bortles/Joeckel by building a solid team around the next QB -- if Caldwell makes sure we get a good QB prospect in 2018 I'm cool with him.

15. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Hackett was trash in Buffalo too. I can't believe he brought him with him again

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Why the fuck does Martine have your grave

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Fuck it, that's better than what I meant to say.

preppyak and Randall Mentzos like this.
  18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm so confused

19. Randall Mentzos Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

Marrone has my grace period because he is a new coach with very little background info. I call it a grace period because he hasn't proven anything to me yet either, I'm just giving him a chance to show me he can get this team to bounce back from bad games.

one 9-7 year in Buffalo and then he dipped out of his contract. That's not enough info to have a positive or negative opinion of Marrone, really. Not good but also not nearly as bad as most of our other options. Trying to have perspective that includes the reality of, Jax having to be bottom feeders when it comes to finding new coaches.

20. Randall Mentzos

but it is immediately blatant that Nate Hackett has no idea how to coach a quarterback or run an offense. Bortles has regressed the entire time spent under his tutelage, and Hackett is already showing he doesn't even know how to simulate a competent deep passing attack well enough to open up the run either.

truelovewaits likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Here's the kicker - If you are a coach and you stand by a bad coach and think he is good, you are in fact, a bad coach. Why should I trust Marrone when Marrone looks at Hackett and thinks he is a good OC? I still don't think Todd Wash is any good either. I said it before and I stand by it - The Jags need to clean house all the way to the top and leave only Hobby and DeCamillis on staff.

Coughlin, Caldwell, and Marrone will keep enabling their own bad decisions.

22. Whatjuliansaid

Hold up, I don't think coughlin hired marrone so why would you fire him? I don't even know what coughlin does other than hang out lol that being said, he needs to come back to the Giants and get Reese fired ASAP so plz fire him jags

I want good local football back on tv

23. Whatjuliansaid

Calvin munson

24. Whatjuliansaid

These lions jerseys are like hurting my eyes

25. Whatjuliansaid

Giants are done. They're getting darnold.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.