Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 17 Football • Page 35

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 31, 2020.

1. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Official petition for the NFL to let the Patriots switch to the NFC East and take their division title. My case:

The Patriots have a better record
    The league would get Brady vs. Bill.

preppyak likes this.
  2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Drew acting all high and mighty against any NFC East team might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

Jim and St. Nate like this.
  3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

On principle I cant willingly give the Patriots a playoff berth they didnt earn; but, you have me intrigued.

Counterpoint: I dont want Brady earning a win over BB to lord over him for all time as if he's better. He went to a team with amazing weapons (and again gladly took sketchy as people to support him), and BB has fucking Cam Newton

FTank, CarpetElf and EntryLevelDave like this.
  4. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

The people who claim the Patriots were all about Brady and the people who claim he was just a system QB and it was all BB are equally annoying. This season was just the Brady people’s “but he went 11-5 with Matt Cassel”. Sports debate shows are going to run this topic into the ground and it’s going to be very dumb.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I also think Bruce Arians deserves a lot of credit and that will get swept under the rug. Brady can’t throw the ball hard anymore lol so it’s not even like it’s a clean comparison to the GOAT Patriots version of Brady. It takes ingenuity to scheme an offense all around timing.

6. Victor Eremita Jan 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2021)
    Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Yeah Arians’ offenses are usually prolific so it’s not totally surprising to see Brady’s numbers. But what is surprising and where I disagree is that Brady’s arm looks strong, he’s throwing balls on a line 40 yards downfield. Where he isn’t GOAT Brady anymore imo is he can’t handle even a little pressure or take a hit and make a throw. Even teams that can’t get to him with their line can blitz him and he flinches and look bad.

tkamB and Randall Mentzos like this.
  7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

That’s why all I can hope for is the WFT defense to ball out and hopefully have a slight chance.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  8. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeah I very much disagree with you Randall. He’s not in his prime but he def still has some juice when he wants to throw it with some velocity.

tkamB and Randall Mentzos like this.
  9. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

As someone who has watched a majority of the Bucs games this season, I can confirm that Tom Brady, despite any other criticisms against him, has been whipping passes at receivers all year.

GrantCloud likes this.