Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 16 [Archived] Football • Page 9

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

sooo about that Derek Carr contract

2. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Brother of David's fall this year has been nearly as personally satisfying as Jimmy G's rise.

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

5 offensive line against 4 and they still get to Derek right away. Incredible.

4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

How the fuck did Oakland win 12 goddamn games last season. Team is almost identical this year.

5. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Getting rid of Musgrave + Cooper being injury riddled all year.

6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I’m the opposite. I’m just as salty about his slump this year, as I am about Blake Bortles doing just enough to pretend he is worth extending. He needs to just fail again and get out of here.

(But not against the Titans next week)

7. Randall Mentzos

Also this is weird. Two christmases spent working. I needed the money both times, my job can be lucrative on holidays, but I definitely miss my family.

8. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Yes. Who knew losing the league MVP would have such a devastating result.

9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Everyone's a comedian online.

Defense plays great but they gotta figure something out with Foles / the offense. Maybe it was just an off night (I think Foles played well last week right?), but was super concerning to only score (offensively) 13 points against one of the worst defenses in the league with a shot at wrapping up home field advantage.

10. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

It's a pretty bad year in terms of quality playoff teams, Jags have a legit shot at a Super Bowl since they won't have to face Jimmy G. Don't know why you'd want Bottles to fail, I'd be rooting for him to go full '12 Flacco. Unless you have Tom Brady, Super Bowl windows are never as big as you think they are and developing QBs takes time.

11. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Foles is not good. They are one and done and it's shitty because with Wentz, this team could have won the Super Bowl this year. Such is life.

12. Randall Mentzos Dec 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 26, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

You still make fun of his name even when you're telling me this hahaha, which tells me it's easier to remove yourself from the context in third person, knowing you don't have to be the one to deal with the QB you laugh at on Sundays. "Why not root for Bottles"? Your mockery answers your own question lol.

You gotta understand man it's a downright anomaly if we win a fucking Superbowl with this quarterback and it'd be a punishment, not a reward to re-sign him and deal with horribly timed interceptions forever. He's obviously not the guy that carries our team forward when our defense starts to wane, you know it, I know it.

This year is so flukey we could win this Superbowl and go 6-10 / 7-9 next year. Long term competitiveness sounds more appealing than getting to brag about a year where, our strength of schedule was shitty, our conference was shitty, & our division rivals had enormous injuries... and then going back to being shit because Bortles is shit and we resigned the guy he was pretending to be.

If the playoffs are really THAT bad this year then our defense has a chance to do most of the work regardless of Bortles lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't get what Deshaun Watson going down has to do with the Eagles.

Owlex likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Also, yeah I'm hoping we do the right thing and just sign Cousins haha.

15. Randall Mentzos

Kinda wondering if it’s Cousins you like, or if it’s just Kyle Shanahan... wasn’t he coaching Cousins when the Redskins were more potent on offense?

I think that we look really dumb now for not going after Jimmy G. But hindsight is cruel... I used to say I didnt want him, thinking he’d be like Matt Cassel or Ryan Mallett and teams only think he’s good because he sat behind Brady. Now I realize we could have started legit contending for super bowls if we got him.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I love Shanny. I like Cousins. I want to sign him because he's better than Bortles.

This is all I've ever wanted. Merry Christmas everyone.

17. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

fake news

Max_123 likes this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

If we are playing the "if" game though haha.

19. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

"Long-term competitiveness" is overrated when it doesn't come with any Super Bowl wins. Ask an Eagles fan.

a nice person likes this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

While Watson could’ve potentially put up MVP numbers it’s still possible we’d miss the playoffs. Our defense, even with Watt/Mercilus, has not been good. I still think it’d be Wentz’s award to lose

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't think Wentz would have won it considering it's still Brady's to lose haha. I'd probably give it to Gurley over Wentz too.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  22. Randall Mentzos

if the Seahawks won one or two more games though, the MVP is Russell Wilson no contest. I think all but one Seahawks TD has been a rushing or passing TD by him, perhaps that changed this week and it's like 2. The hawks missing the playoffs is the only reason Wilson shouldn't already be handed the MVP

last week it was 33 of 34 Seahawks TDs were Wilson. It's ridiculous and his OL sucks too and he has no goddamn help. They paid him and he IS earning that paycheck and carrying that team after the defense started to wane (the opposite of what I said about Bortles)

23. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Gurley (and to a lesser extent AB) wasn’t even in the conversation until after Wentz got hurt.

It was like...”well shit, there is literally only one healthy MVP candidate so we gotta get some more names in there”.

I think it was pretty clear that it was going to be a razor thin final sprint between Wentz and Brady.

I think seeing Foles be an absolute abhorrent QB last night against one of the worst (the worst?) defense in the entire NFL solidified that.

24. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Brady wouldn’t win it with Wentz competing for the same reason Belichick won’t win Coach Of The Year IMO

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Ryan wasn't in the conversation until the end of the season either.

I just don't think it was ever not Brady's to lose.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.