Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 16 [Archived] Football • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

They didn't ruin the Jags season. They just happened to be built to beat them. Shit happens. At least your team lost within the rules 3 times instead of getting shafted by a bad call and then vanishing into the pit of nothingness for almost 20 years!

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. ClarettsGreyGoose

Fans on the Bills board I post at still pretending the Peterman disaster isn't the most important loss for the team this season. Instead trying to say that the awful passing games Taylor had against the Saints or Patriots are worse. Like...Assuming all the games break they way they are expected, the Ravens will be 10-6, the Titans 8-8 and the Chargers and Bills will be 9-7. The Bills then lose head to head tiebreaker but NOPE IT'S DEFINITELY NOT THE PETERMAN GAME THAT'S GOING TO COST THEM THE PLAYOFFS, it was Tyrod!

I've never seen such blind denial. I've never seen such hope for a 5th round pick backup quarterback, let alone one that threw up all over himself and played one of the worst halves of football in NFL history in his first start. I know what the underlying reason is, and our fanbase (and this region to an extent) really sucks for it.

FTank, Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  3. Randall I'm sorry, you aren't winning this argument.

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

This is all without mentioning the playbook thing

5. Man, I forgot the good teams Rivers had and how often they came up short in the playoffs. They should have went to at least a couple of super bowls.

theagentcoma and CarpetElf like this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

WAS Fred Taylor top three?

7. Randall Mentzos Dec 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 23, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Behind Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin I'd say. This was before LaDainian Tomlinson was out there, after Barry Sanders, and I absolutely think Taylor was better than Priest Holmes. Would also put him ahead of Eddie George, slight edge over Edgerrin James.

EDIT: shit, forgot about Marshall Faulk. And Jerome Bettis. Let's say Taylor was top 5.

He got hurt for some of 1999 but the years following that he averaged between 1700 and 1900 all purpose yards

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Cool, then I agree hahaha.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  9. Randall Mentzos

Jimmy Smith was without question top 3 WR though. His only superiors at the time were Marvin Harrison & Randy Moss. By the numbers he was better than Isaac Bruce.

That year he set a then-record for most consecutive 100-yard games (9 in a row) and led the AFC in receiving yards.

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. Randall Mentzos Dec 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 23, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

i guess but when your loss has so much to do with special teams and so little to do with them actually stopping your offense or getting a lot of yards, it's harder to feel like you got beat straight up. The Jags outgained the SHIT out of the Titans in terms of yards that game. We just, apparently, had an AWFUL special teams that constantly lost the ball and failed to cover punts or block for returns? Reggie Barlow had 2 early fumbles that led to points and they still didn't pull him out of the game, lol wtf

They literally were NOT stopping Jimmy Smith. He had nearly 100 yards and a TD af halftime, and could have had 3 touchdowns by the mid third quarter if not for holding penalties calling back two perfect bombs, that CB could not handle him. Taylor also reached 100 yards in 9 carries.

Idk man. I'd rather not give Jeff Fisher the credit to be honest with you, fuck that shit we could have beat the Rams in that SB.

11. Feels like a preseason game

12. DooDooBird

Trusted

Packers entire team seems like 2nd stringers.

13. chcougar1

Trusted

If they were going to go four downs there why not run with Williams on third and fourth?

14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Fucking AWESOME and almost chilling to see / hear the "SKOL" chants at Lambeau

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. All our first stringers are injured

16. It’s gonna be sick when the Vikings lose in the second round

FTank and theagentcoma like this.
  17. Randall Mentzos

ideal scenario - Bills beat Patriots

They take the playoff spot from the Titans rather than taking it from the Ravens, and the Jags hop into that 2 seed if they beat the 49ers. Fuck yeah Buffalo. I'm ready to experience heartbreak with you @ClarettsGreyGoose

18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Oh I dont care if they do or not. I'm only a Vikings fan when they play GB. I just hate the Packers.

19. ClarettsGreyGoose

I'll take a W today for sure. But because it's Bills/Patriots, I am not in any way expecting one.

20. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

It’s gonna interesting to watch Kirk Cousins play against his future team today.

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Still wouldn’t had mattered lol

Drew Beringer likes this.
  22. Randall Mentzos

Go Bills Go Rams and GO JAGS

23. ClarettsGreyGoose

I have absolutely zero expectations for this game. If the Bills lose, oh well, hopefully the Jets or Titans win. If the Bills win, Fuck Tom Brady and merry Christmas, but this is still the Bills, they'll just lose a win and you're in game to Miami next week just like they did to Pittsburgh in 04.

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Time to keep the slim playoff hopes alive

25. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Damn. It's snowing like crazy in Chicago. This makes me think Howard will have a big game and the Browns will continue sadness!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.