Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 15 • Page 12

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I just saw that Golden Tate suffered an injury at the end of the Lions game. Slay is out for at least this week if not more. The classic Lions collapse is upon us

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It was Stephen Jones who talked him out of it

fronkensteen likes this.
  3. When push comes to shove Jerry Jones wants a coach that's willing to be his puppet. Garrett is just that. Jerry Jones drove Parcells fucking crazy if I recall because of how often he was on the sidelines.

FTank and Fucking Dustin like this.
  4. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

It really is odd to me that Jerry - who had all his best success under a coach that damn near shit on him wants someone he can control even though that's lead to 20 years of mediocrity lol.

Can't knock Garrett atm, he's looking like he's got this team set up nice. But still... odd (but not surprising).

5. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Panthers are gonna be disgusting bad tonight

6. fronkensteen

Trusted

This just shows you haven't been paying attention to the Cowboys for five or so years. Jerry is still in the media because he constantly gets interviewed and says inflammatory things to garner attention, but Garrett is absolutely not his puppet.

7. Fucking Dustin

Jason Garrett was 100% hired to be Jerry Jones's puppet

Whether he is or isn't now is irrelevant to the fact that he would've been canned a while ago if he wasn't hired for that reason

FTank likes this.
  8. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

To be fair the lil Jason Garrett/Wade Phillips beef that came of it for awhile was a lil fun lol. Bitter Wade showed his funny side lol.

9. fronkensteen

Trusted

Disagreed. Jerry saw where we could get with a puppet (Wade) and moved on to a coach who was willing to change how we did things.

10. Fucking Dustin

Wade's resume outside of Dallas shows he hasn't ever just been a puppet. Garrett has no proof of that because he got kept around through mediocrity because of how...well, much of a puppet...he was to Jerry.

I promise I have watched a lot of Dallas football. I vividly remember.

11. Fucking Dustin

Up until 2014 Garrett was barely better than Jeff Fisher. That doesn't get kept around by a high market team unless the coach is a placeholder.

12. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

The relationship Jason & Jerry have is well documented; as well as Jerry's fondness back to the days of Jason backing up Troy.

13. fronkensteen

Trusted

Wade was too soft and wasn't a great leader and/or head coach. Now that he is focusing on only defense, he's been amazing.

I don't think you're flat out wrong or anything, I just disagree with your opinion of it.

14. Fucking Dustin

Oh I don't think he was a good head coach, you're very right. I watched him HC the Cowboys when I used to watch them, and the Texans after I became a fan. But he wasn't a puppet of the front office the way Garrett is.

And I don't think being a puppet makes Garrett a bad coach.

15. fronkensteen

Trusted

I fail to see how Garrett is a puppet. He has canned responses for the media, but if anything, that's the complete opposite of Jerry.

16. Fucking Dustin

That's kinda the point: He's just around to be the players' friends and doesn't get on them about bad plays, he draws up extremely simple plays, he doesn't make any of the tough decisions and just gives his canned responses. He lets the FO do the actual work when it comes to any tough decisions and doesn't have a say like, say, Parcells or Johnson would.

Now, that could be different after finally having another winning season as HC. But for years that's how it was, and I think Stephen taking control over Jerry was when any potential transition could've happened. It could just be a coaching style, but during 4-12, watching him clap and smile as his players missed tackles on big plays and failed to produce anything showed that even as a quieter coach, he doesn't do much other than what he's told.

I could definitely word all this better, but I'm at work and trying to get it all out there before I get another call haha.

17. Fucking Dustin

With that said, I struggle to think of 10 coaches I'd put above Garrett this season.

fronkensteen likes this.
  18. jrock920

Regular

he look real good when he has a great running back and effective dink and dunk passing game and the best offensive line in the league

19. chcougar1

Trusted

Good lord where is the redskins' secondary?

20. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Skins defense remains the shittiest thing ever.

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

lol Kirk

22. Shakriel

Skins seem lost on mnf, forever. Sigh.

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I'm still not convinced Cousins is any good

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

A lot of his success has been overrated for a number of reasons, but he has shown promise -- regression tonight, though.

25. Shakriel

Skins just looking bad all over. I'm out haha.