Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 15 [Archived] Football • Page 38

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

What are you doing Drew

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn that was YUGE

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Holy shit that's the first time I've actually seen that happen!

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Pick-2!

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Serves them right for not kicking the PAT when I need 6 more points in my fantasy game and have Lutz. Assholes

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yes. And collard greens, potato salad, corn on the cob.

People need to realize that BBQ is essentially the only “authentic American food” that isn’t foreign-borrowed, and it doesn’t just refer to sauced up meat but the whole American cookout cuisine

whitenblue88 and CarpetElf like this.
  7. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t know what’s been wrong with Turner the past month.

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Collards are the essential BBQ side

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This is not not correct but I'm at a game so just google bbq styles

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

11. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus Christ why even have McCaffrey block? You might as well put Armah back there if he’s not running a route.

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Butt.

13. Randall Mentzos Dec 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 17, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

Point still stands. I love how KC and TX do their barbecue meat but the sides are part of the experience. There’s Soul food restaurants in every state, if you’d have me pick one I choose Atlanta because that is the southern city most influenced by soul food culture. But honestly a soul food restaurant in Alabama is gonna have my favorite BBQ experience in Alabama, so on and so forth.

Dismissing soul food as a BBQ style because you’re not counting the sides is bogus haha. it absolutely is a style. It’s between Texas BBQ and KC BBQ because it’s spicy but also dark & smoky. Then you’re putting like, pepper juice and pork drippings in the greens, and eating a mustard based potato salad instead of boring greens and mayo-heavy potato salad. And you’re also eating cornbread instead of Texas toast.

Authentic Texas BBQ probably cooks meat the best, especially brisket. I would say in terms of sauces, spicy red Texas BBQ sauce is best on pork - my favorite meat to BBQ - while sweet and dark KC sauce does better with beef and chicken.

I don’t think any Carolina or Alabama BBQ holds a candle to either of those. NC tastes okay but too acidic and watery cause of all the vinegar, and I HATE SC and Alabama BBQ because what the fuck, mustard and mayonnaise? NO. Tomato based BBQ sauces only.

If I’m going for the whole experience though and not just to eat way too much meat?? gimme the Soul Food.

14. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoy retirement, Davis.

stars143 likes this.
  15. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This game is insane

16. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

This is the dumbest game and I am FOR it

17. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Kill me

18. Randall Mentzos

I do it too haha

Better football analysis in here than from the surrounding fans.

It’s the same as at home - I stand up and yell when the Jags do Jag things, and then I sit down and type a slightly more eloquent version of what I yelled in this thread while the team huddles up. Hahah

Or sometimes you guys get a more profane caps lock version, if what happened on the field was really bad. Like 6 Jaguars defenders suddenly forgetting how to tackle and Derrick Henry getting a 99 yard run and 4TD against us. In situations like that, it’s easier to type a bunch of profanity than to actually express that anger IRL, I’d rather facepalm and blow up in here than get super mad in person ahah. Less energy spent and I get over it faster.

CarpetElf and T.J. like this.
  19. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Game ending interception coming now

20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

That touchback rule needs to change so badly

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  21. DooDooBird

Trusted

Man, I hope Cam shits the bed on this game winning drive attempt.

22. Randall Mentzos

Oh look, more needless Cam hate. Let’s get one thing straight you could take all of Cam’s flaws and roll them into one game. Hed still have a 95% chance of playing better than Bortles and 100% chance of playing better than Kessler.

23. Randall Mentzos

“Panthers *franchise QB* is so bad” do you even KNOW what I would do to have one of those

Yes, even with the “bad” sides of Newton and Stafford, they are way better QB than the Jags have had since 1999.

Joe4th, Anthony Brooks and CarpetElf like this.
  24. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I’m sorry he beat your shitty Alabama team eight years ago and you’re still not over it.

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I lost by less than a fucking point

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.