Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 14 [Archived] Football • Page 24

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Drew Brees at home watching his MVP odds skyrocket

[​IMG]

Brent likes this.
  2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

and why would FAngio leave a good team and go to a bad one to stay in the same position?

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Does Randall have dreams about the jags?

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Coughlin is likely just a damage control coach and it wouldn't surprise me if our next AHC comes on board with an unwritten deal that he'll be HC in a year.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Well Fangio and Coughlin would be nice

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Why would coughlin take a hc job at all let alone that one?

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

you're swinging a bit too hard with this one haha

marsupial jones likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

Jags are a good coaching staff away from being a good team and I don’t think that’s too controversial for me to say

We have good enough pieces most places that we could win despite our passing game being subpar. If our gameplan / discipline isn’t total shit like it has been.

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

What is the coughlin coaching tree? Mcadoo and spagnuolo? Haha

10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Listen, I'm willing to let Dustin coach them but don't be surprised if he goes 0-16

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

@xbrokendownx i mean your Miami Dolphins are 7-6 under a good coach (Gase) and I think we easily have more talent on our roster.

Just much more poorly managed, especially in terms of our coaches’ failure to adapt to injuries

13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Well yeah aside from the whole Blake Bortles being your QB sure

Fucking Dustin and paperlung like this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The jags should get Rex Ryan and have him bring in Dan Campbell as OC

15. Randall Mentzos

Absolutely. Fangio has been good everywhere, SF defense was elite when he coached them. Coughlin has coached a competitive playoff roster 3 separate times in his last 20 years in the league.

16. Randall Mentzos

In spite of* Blake Bortles being our QB

We should honestly have both a dominant running game and a dominant defense with the pieces we have. I make no excuses for this year but I think with smart leadership we could do a lot better.

17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

"Noteboom" is a Madden generated name. that's not a real player, i'm sure.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Alternatively - he's coached one playoff team in 10 years and is very old. Fangio has no head coaching experience and it's not a great look for him that his best defense in Chicago just happens to come after acquiring a top three defensive player and arguably the top defensive prospect in the draft.

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Madden keeps generating guys named "Long". In my last class there were five Longs. I drafted them all of course. My team will suffer because of it but I have zero regrets.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  20. Randall Mentzos

Top defensive prospect in the draft what?? Nah. Minkah, Derwin, Ward, Reid, Leonard have all been definitively better.

Let’s keep in mind that Mack didn’t make the Raiders defense good. Fangio knows how to use his weapons.

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well, I said prospect, not player haha.

Because the Raiders defense also sucked. They didn't have guys like Hicks, Fuller, Amos, and Jackson on their team. That Bears team is loaded with weapons. I have no idea how Fangio will do with an offense though and the fact that he's had such a long and esteemed career without ever going that direction is a cause for concern.

22. Randall Mentzos

It’s not unheard of for a defense minded HC to give their OC most of the control with the offense. I just think Fangio is great at coaching discipline and getting his studs in position to make all kinds of plays.

Fangio is very “on the details”. The Bears have remarkable gap discipline & consistent wrap up tackling, and that’s what our team lacks despite having similar defensive talent.

23. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Bears had problems tackling earlier in the year, but they have tightened that up recently.

Over / Under was 51. Lol.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Super impressed with the Bears defense. Did not think they could cause as many issues as they did for McVay and LA.

paperlung and CarpetElf like this.
  25. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Fixed this for you since he probably missed the Chiefs/Ravens game and his performance last week.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.