Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 14 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 7, 2016.

1. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Alex is averaging 7.13 yards per attempt (which is around the middle of the pack right now and higher than Carr), if he was also averaging 7.0 yards per completion his completion percentage would have to be like 105%.

2. jrock920

Regular

my bad that is what i meant

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm not saying the trajectory was clean but Cooper is supposed to be an NFL WR1. He wants to be like other WRs in the NFL who can track passes in the wind and who can adjust when the QB can't throw it clean. Not sure if this is part of your crusade against Carr... but realize that he avoided heavy pressure in the pocket and still placed a pretty damn good 50 yard ball for running forward at the same time and throwing without a sturdy base.

This was a great improv play by Carr that you definitely wanted to see Cooper capitalize on. It would have tied the game in the 4th quarter of a divisional road matchup, and shown that Cooper's speed can take over the game when the offense is struggling. Instead Cooper still looks pretty beta.

Watch how far Cooper goes to the outside. That's just not instinctive. He should know, with all the coverage far behind him, that Carr is just trying to lead him upfield, not throw a corner pocket curveball.

4. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

He's adjusting to the ball on that shift, the ball changed its trajectory very late which is what I was showing you. Trust me if I needed to continue my crusade against Carr I had plenty of better material from this game to focus on than this play, but putting the blame solely on Cooper is a stretch.

5. Randall Mentzos

Carr has played poorly against KC so far, it is a concern.

That was a pass Cooper should have had.

/compromise

6. Randall Mentzos

actually i watched the slow motion again and you do see the ball doink something at the last second. odd. I still dont feel like the ball was going to land that far outside, though. Cooper started fading outside even before he knew where Carr was trying to throw.

Is it not weird to you that Cooper is running hard sideways and still trying to catch the ball front shoulder? If he thought the ball was going outside, wouldn't he take a more subtle angle with his feet and catch the ball in front of his back shoulder instead? It was a sloppy adjustment and that's why he tripped over his feet.

7. jrock920

Regular

who cares cooper took the wrong angle couldn't catch the ball that is it the raiders cause derek carr didn't play good when that happen raiders will lose most of the time cause that defense isn't good at all

8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

bruh, have you ever heard of punctuation?

GrantCloud, xkj1985x and FTank like this.
  9. jrock920

Regular

nope

10. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Didn't someone (sorry I'm just waking up and being lazy looking back) post something here about Carr throwing a ball that hit the spider wire for the cam? Or was that another play?

11. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah I was referencing the post right above the one you just quoted haha

12. jrock920

Regular

they are talking when amari cooper was open and then ball changed trajectory at the last second

13. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I would not term it as running hard sideways, I think he was adjusting to a ball that was originally tried to be thrown away from the safety. It doesn't look like he tripped over his feet to me, it looks like the ball was going one way and then the wind kicked a a wobbly ball inside late and he didn't have time to readjust at the last second. All-22 will probably give a better look at the original trajectory though.

14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

15. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Not to mention, the way the cable cam is set up, there isnt some long wire running the length of the field. The wires it runs along are on the sidelines and then connected out to the middle. All the wires run up and to the side at angles.

[​IMG]

There is one wire at the top of the stadium that runs lengthwise, but, to hit that you'd be throwing the shitties hail mary ever. Note that for example, punters never hit the cable cam.

[​IMG]
    Dude just threw a duck and it got caught up in the wobble.

jrock920 and theagentcoma like this.
  16. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I always wondered that. I just assumed the cameras hung so high it would be impossible to reach them. #coopergate lol

preppyak likes this.
  17. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I too use to wonder in the 'What if" case cus I mean... didn't a punter hit that big whatever the word for it is in Cowboys stadium once? lol

Guess now we know the play would end, redo? What if it hits ad bobbles in such a way but the team end up with a TD off it? lmao

18. Last night kinda opened my eyes to Alex Smith. I've always considered him a below average QB who just has a great team around him. Watching him last night I became a fan. Yes, the checkdowns and throw aways can be nauseating, but he avoids mistakes and waits for his opportunity to make the big play. He is very patient yet efficient.

I'm not moving him up with the top QBs in league but I do think he's a lot better than most people will give home credit for.

T.K. likes this.
  19. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Tbh I always KINDA like Alex cus in a silly way.... I'm a dink & dunk madden player so I can appreciate that BUT even from a grander..... more credible scale.... (I won't begrudge Montana fans since I was one who said it was him too til the last Superbowl win) Tom Brady himself loves the shorter/checkdown passes and hes the GOAT.
    I appreciate Brady & Bellicheck now to the point I can almost pull for them (cus the over the top hate always turns me to a fan for most things lmao) but I never seen his..... safety(?) as a bad thing since ESPECIALLY since Harbaugh and after that he's been a consistent winner and those sorts of QBs are rare.

I would say he's bottom half of the top half of the league QB wise. If we're doing easy math I'd say he's in the latter half of the top 16 but would I take him over some I can admit I like more? Sure... mainly cus now he's proved a winner is who he is.
    Can't knock that. His Niner years don't really count since they were dysfunctional before Harbaugh, (in ways) during, AND after... lol

20. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Sweet lord this is gonna be a disaster

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Dolphins are down 2 starting LBs today and Misi is already on IR lol

David Johnson gonna break records today

22. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Eagles potatoes will be a tie

23. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Football gods threw me a bone today on being able to follow the games I care about as much as possible (Skins & Giants since me & my lady follow both respectively) while still doing all her birthday stuff with her today. Thank you Based Goodell (probably first and last time I'll ever say that lol).

The Jets/Niners are on in between, what a fucking shit show. Didn't they just play the Bears too? The Niners got that "Fuck it, somebody gotta win" schedule lmao.

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Oh man do I love games in the snow

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  25. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Get a 9 yard gain on 1st down, pass the ball on 2nd (throw away) and 3rd down (sack), punt the ball away

Good fucking play calling