Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 14 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Well that's kinda the thing with this year, if you make it in the playoffs any team could make a run. Lots of good teams with big flaws.

2. My only issue with the Chiefs though is to me they can't let teams hang around. They really don't blow anyone out.

3. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

thats been the knock on them/alex smith for years. the defense has been solid for years and the only "blowout" i remember was that Pats (regular season) game ironically from a few years back.
    alex smith isn't exactly a light ya up guy. I think he deserves a bit more respect than forever calling him just a "game manager" but he's also gotta prove he can do more than he has for the majority of his career to overcome that.
    either way theres a lot of QBs I would take smith over still lol.

4. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I wonder how Romo really feels about all this Jerry Jones talk of him "Helping the team win a chip."
    Dak is the top MVP candidate; if not that at least one of em. The team only loss 1 game, yada yada yada we all knowabout the Cowboys at this point.
    Romo was FINALLY getting some respect from the sports world the last few seasons.

Now this, which screams "PUT MY SON IN THE GAME EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN'T EARN THE SPOT" (of course he "Earned" the spot if anything happens to Dak - but we're hearing this while Dak is the MVP and balling out). If I was Romo I'd want Jerry to shut up, comes off making Romo sound like everything people said about him for years.

I thought his presser admitting Dak is the guy was very classy of him, bittersweet of course but shows he's a man about this. THAT said this Jerry talk is dampering on literally everything they're doing right now. No idea how any owner (and I know, I know.. It's Jerry) or any person who's even just a fan, could justify this nonsense lol.

"Not a busdriver," relax Jerry. You're making it sound like you don't deserve the good things you have or in the very least... you're tryna have your cake and eat it too.

5. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Awful game by his WRs. At the very least there should have been an 80 yard bomb to Cooper and Cooper had a bad mis-step to the outside that made him miss a very catchable ball. Almost like Cooper expected back shoulder, but the ball landed perfectly where his inside shoulder was before he made that false adjustment. He was wide open and could have walked that pass to the house.

6. jrock920

Regular

cause of alex smith if they had a better qb they would be blowing teams out

7. Randall Mentzos

Damn y'all need to chill on the Smith hate. He actually has been chucking the ball downfield this year, hitting Tyreek and Kelce deep. He also has I think 3 fourth quarter comebacks, two of which came in BIG divisional games on the ROAD against DEN and SD.

Smith is balling out this year. Lets not slide into the habit of criticizing a player based on previous years, Smith has shown an evolution from a "dont mess up" QB to one that actually does inject energy and confidence into his offense.

T.K., Kyle is hk and FTank like this.
  8. Travis Kelce seems like a tool.

Texas Flood likes this.
  9. jrock920

Regular

eh not really

10. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

*Carr throws an incredibly wobbly ball that gets caught in the wind*

Smh Cooper.

11. Cooper said that ?

12. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Fuck You Aurora likes this.
  13. Randall Mentzos

Hahaha wtf ever dude. Like Carr doesnt throw a perfect spiral 99/100 times

That ball would have dropped right on top of Cooper if he ran straight and you know it. Even Cooper himself knows that was his bad.

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

How can you expect to refute a well thought out, accurate post with "eh not really"? This is bullshit.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  15. He never has a response to anything lol.

FTank likes this.
  16. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Cooper did run straight, the ball was wobbling like a Bortles beach ball.

17. Randall Mentzos

Yeah i was hoping for a little more than that haha. Disagree with me all day but at least address my points lol

FTank likes this.
  18. Randall Mentzos

Really dont think youre remembering this right my man. Cooper faded outside and the ball fell right where he was going. Even if the pass was wobbly a WR on Cooper's level should still catch it 10 times out of 10 if it landed in an accurate spot and the defender was several steps away.

Very poor adjustment to the football no matter how you spin it.

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

It was poor adjustment but it looked like the ball was flopping all over, too.

Cooper should have caught if he didn't adjust like a complete dingus.

20. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

21. Randall Mentzos

Youre looking at it from the sideline angle. Of course Cooper's outside shift looks subtle from that view. It also makes 40 yard crossing routes look like they maybe covered 15 or 20.

The replay angle is what i watched multiple times last night. The camera is positioned in front of Cooper. Cooper makes a hard right just before the ball arrives... the ball fell straight.

Give me 5 min to show you what i mean.

22. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Watch the ball's trajectory.

23. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Ball definitely seems like it hit something. Do they not replay the down if something like that happens? Maybe the refs didn't notice it?

24. jrock920 Dec 9, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 9, 2016)
    jrock920

Regular

throwing 2800 yards and 11 td's is not balling plus he averaging 7.13 yds per attempt second lowest in the league and he an ok game against one poorer pass defenses in the league

25. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I don't think it hits anything, just think it is a wobbler that gets caught in the arrowhead winds. But yeah if it did they would replay the down. I assume if it did Cooper or another player would point it out.