Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 13 [Archived] Football • Page 28

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If Sanchez weren't the QB, this game would be a blow out.

2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Are these dumb fucks ever going to cover that screen

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Ballgame

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Sanchez realizes he's no longer on the Eagles, right?

Fronnyfron likes this.
  5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I mean 3rd string offense can’t even be mad

This broadcast has been putrid though

6. broken22

(:

The Eagles wouldn't be getting blown out if Alex Smith was playing. They were averaging 19 points per game or something like that.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  7. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Love hearing a guy who stood up for Greg Hardy talk about how he has no tolerance for domestic violence.

8. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

I wish that all abusers could end up getting the shit kicked out them in MMA like Hardy

9. broken22

(:

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Witten is getting murdered on the twitter machine

Brent likes this.
  11. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I mean it’s kind to be expected given the fans that are watching this game. Also, he’s terrible at this. But still.

12. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Aikman even has obvious bias. I like when the Cowboys lose off an INT or something disappointing at the end of the game. Aikman will literally go silent and make Joe Buck fill space talking all by himself lol

Brent likes this.
  13. DooDooBird

Trusted

Jason Witten talking about the Cowboys too much is the least of Jason Witten's problems as a broadcaster.

14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Watching on TV, this was a weird play but seemed like the right call. 50/50 ball goes to the receiver for better or for worse and the very late fall to the ground forced the fumble

This officiating crew was a mess though (not really particularly in favor of either team, just generally bad), and I’m normally not a “gripe about the refs” kind of guy

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  15. Randall Mentzos

I just feel like, if a defender had his hand on it and forced you to lose the ball when you hit the ground, you didn’t complete the process of the catch. I mean, that’s within the precedent set by the Dez Bryant rule that made catches so controversial to begin with. It’s not supposed to be enough to get two feet down if you don’t hold onto it after you hit the ground.

But I also see where you’re coming from because of the 50-50 rule. That Donte Moncrief 50-50 catch against the Bills got ruled in our favor, but the whole fight / brawl started because Moncrief made sure to hold onto it so they would rule it a catch, and the CB wouldn’t let go. He was trying to avoid what I’m talking about - losing the ball after you caught it gets ruled a non-catch often in this league.

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I have no idea to be honest. I just remember thinking “how the hell was that play still going” when Harrison was running the ball back. Like, at the point you determine it’s a 50/50 ball and not a real catch, shouldn’t that be the end of it? Is that even a thing, idk?

17. Randall Mentzos

Yes but that’s a very fine line. Becuase if the ref decides TY Hilton didn’t hold onto the ball long enough to rule it a 50-50 catch, that’s a pick 6 all day and that’s why I was livid at the stadium.

It was a snap judgment by the ref to say “he had control, play is dead” and I feel like on a 50-50 ball you need to wait a few seconds to see who ends up with it on the ground. But he really could’ve called it either way in real time because of how the rules work in modern football. I just wish Marrone challenged it tbh so we could see clearly how much of the ball Ramsey had, and whether it was moving before Hilton hit the ground.

Good on the Colts for snapping the ball quickly in that situation.

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Everything is a Catch; Nothing is a Catch

Dez Bryant and Matthew Stafford's upcoming mixtape

Max_123 and Joe4th like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.