Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 13 [Archived] Football • Page 16

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t know how the Steelers manage to scrape these wins out these wins but I’ll take it. That was a fucking ugly game. Hopefully everyone’s alright

js977, swboyd and theagentcoma like this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

realign the NFL, move Cincinatti to Alaska

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I think I’d be fine with automatic ejections for helmet to helmet hits in the NFL

5. preppyak

Elite Supporter

They really do need to move to the college targeting rule. Ju-Ju should have been ejected for the blindside block. Iloka should have been ejected for his hit to AB.

And instead, the NFL will prove it doesnt give a shit by upholding Gronk's fine of a game check, but letting him play next week

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

That's sounding very promising. Saw competing versions of contusion/concussion for the spinal cord. Spinal cord concussion is something Ben got back in 2009 and was playing a couple weeks later

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I saw some people upset with the Juju block...really? That was a clean hit

yes, the taunting afterwards was unnecessary, but still

8. Night Channels

Trusted

That's a football play. A beautiful block on a dirty player. Karma.

I agree that that taunting was uncalled for, but everything about that hit is fine. Hines Ward consistently got away with those kind of hits.

9. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Yea. I don't think it was particularly dirty but I think due to the overall violence and injury in the game people were just a little more sensitive to hard hits.

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I don’t know whether or not it was dirty anymore. In game speed it looked clean. Players getting knocked out sucks. But it’s difficult not to think of the laundry list of injuries Burfict has caused/laughed at/not shown regret for/bragged about/claimed were fake and it’s hard not to think of the amount of times he’s played victim, the number of chances he’s gotten despite being the poster boy of the thing “the NFL is sooooo clearly against”. I hope he recovers fine and can live a wonderful life in the future without damage to his brain. I also hope his football playing career is done

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  11. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Both penalties were deserved because there was helmet contact and obviously taunting. But I don’t think it was dirty, led with his shoulder it was just a really hard block. I don’t wish it upon Burfict, but it’s certainly tough for me feel bad for him.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

i absolutely wish that on Burfict. He's injured so many players INTENTIONALLY and he's been doing it his whole career without karma coming back to bite him. Including good-guy players who never do anything dirty on the field and are class acts off the field. Fuck that guy. He deserves a taste of his own medicine.

13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i didn't think juju's hit was dirty because it seems like a vast majority of the time the helmet-helmet contact is incidental. i'm all for just about every protection of player safety but thats such an arbitrary one. i guess I'm ok with the penalty but i don't think it warrants any outside punishment.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It’s a penalty. It wasn’t dirty.

15. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, its this. Hines Ward used to get away with that shit because they hadnt changed the rules to protect defensive players yet. If the player cant see the hit coming, it shouldnt involve a helmet in any way.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.