Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 12 [Archived] Football • Page 22

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. dallasc

Trusted

You’re not wrong,
    But take the last drive before half time for example.
    Pressure on Mariota, he has to escape the pocket and run for a first.
    1st down facemask on Lewan.
    1st and 25 Mariota pressured again runs for 4.
    2nd down Watt absolutely demolishes his blocker to the point Mariota can’t even throw the checkdown, he gets away from watt barely and is immediately sacked.
    3rd down draw play for -4.

This line sucks rocks

Edit: Owlex you’re not wrong, Randall you remain wrong lol

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Lol, no, I’m literally talking about those plays.

The sack and both runs were, sure, not good blocking, it’s a worn out OL against Clowney and Watt in the fourth quarter when they know the Titans are passing. So that’s to be expected.

The problem is, all 3 were ALSO a very poor attempt by Mariota to respond. Maybe 3-4 QB in the league can expect a perfect pocket on most downs. The rest are expected to be good improvisers. That’s literally a requirement of the QB position.

That last sack was literally the play I had in mind when I said “he waddled side to side” when he could have just stepped forward and to the right and let JJ pass him. Those kinds of things are what would help Lewan keep a proper angle between Mariota and Watt. Mariota basically fuckin froze up and stayed directly in his path. That was a textbook example of poor pocket presence.

Mariota is faster than both Bortles and Watson, but both of the latter are better at evading defenders. It makes no sense.

3. marsupial jones Nov 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2018)
    marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

In fairness Johnathan Joseph WAS terrible in this game hahaha

Joe4th likes this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

I'll give a good response in the AM when I'm at my computer cuz I have a few opinions based on what I've seen (but no one cares by tomorrow probably)

dallasc and CarpetElf like this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

Best part is you didn’t even specify which arm or both arms. So he could still have an arm fall off for all you care

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

Maybe one arm goes cause he praised the Titans but he gets to keep his right arm becuase it jinxed them

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. Fucking Dustin

What if it's not the one I hoped for?

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Adoree Jackson might've been the best Titan in the game honestly. Dude had a great game.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Randall Mentzos

So sporadic with it though. He looks good for a game and then disappears. He’s the new Blidi Wreh-Wilson

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Here’s the perfect example of stats in a vacuum:

Bortles has more TD’s, a better completion percentage and yards per attempt through 11 games this year vs 11 games last year.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The Titans are awful

14. Fucking Dustin Nov 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2018)
    Fucking Dustin

I just don't know what to make of that offensive line. During the week 2 matchup both Lewan and Conklin were out and the o-line was stellar. In this game they were pretty bad, but our defense was also generally healthier and is paid to be able to beat top 10 lines, so I don't know if the line was bad or the Texans defense was good in this past game. What I DO know is I would kill to have that line in Houston haha.

As far as Mariota goes, I think his instincts as a QB are bad, but I don't think the's the reason for the loss. I think that's on coaching, and I think rookie coaching growing pains are what's keeping the team from becoming a contender (along with the adjustment period from going from Mularkey to Vrabel with a team built for Mularkey). However Mariota didn't exactly help the team by throwing only 3 passes beyond the 10 yard line (someone fact check this, I'm pretty sure that's correct). For how evasive Mariota is supposed to be, it's odd that he feels the need to chuck the ball at the snap (whether bubble screen/quick slant/checkdown) or get sacked. I definitely know how it is to watch the o-line crumble at the first sign of trouble but Mariota was drafted at #2 because of the potential of him extending plays and creating opportunities. In this game, it felt like Mariota wasn't creating ANY opportunities for the team. At some point the QB's gotta step up and run the show and it didn't feel like there was any time where Mariota did this. The Titans didn't draft a more accurate Zach Mettenberger.

Now I'm not looking at the Titans and thinking they're a QB improvement away from being a good team, they've clearly got other issues (coaching, WR, secondary looked like scrubs outside of Jackson and some Byard play) but it's alarming that this long after Mariota was drafted he's not stepping up to the plate in the way that he should.

15. Fucking Dustin

Killed it again btw

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.