Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 11 • Page 24

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Rivers purgatory

anonimito likes this.
  2. Ah there it is

3. lol the Packers lost to these goobers

4. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Man come on Rivers

5. preppyak

Elite Supporter

theagentcoma and spiffa0 like this.
  6. Randall Mentzos Nov 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Russell Wilson has only thrown 2 interceptions though. 2. If he keeps that up he’ll end up with the least turnovers any high volume QB has ever had over a whole season. He’s looking like he’s gonna finish with like, a 12:1 or better TD to INT ratio. That efficiency definitely weighs heavy, heavier than gaudy yardage numbers alone imo. Wilson only ever HELPS his team and almost never makes mistakes that set them back.

7. Randall Mentzos Nov 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

And I think people saying Wilson isn’t carrying his team like Lamar does are not giving Wilson enough credit. Seahawks success has been almost entirely Wilson elevating a mediocre team the last couple years.

Crushing the Texans was a good win but it wasn’t Lamar who held Deshaun Watson to 7 points...

Let’s also not already forget Wilson just beat the best team in the NFL & best defense in the NFL, in a prime time divisional matchup, with a game tying drive at regulation and then a game winning drive with 0:00 remaining in overtime. I’ve never seen a game won at the last second of overtime, let alone against an elite team in your division. That is an MVP caliber win too, Wilson continues to show he is wildly clutch in high pressure moments.

8. Randall Mentzos

Rushing & passing combined

Lamar - 3046 yards, 25 TD, 4 fumbles, 5 INT

Wilson - 2993 yards, 26 TD, 4 fumbles, 2 INT

Lamar’s rushing stats are exciting but he’s not far ahead of Wilson overall like some of you make it sound. Wilson is actually having a slightly more productive season.

uuu and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  9. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I think that might be too much weight on the td/int ratio stat. It doesn’t always reflect incredible offensive production, although in Wilson’s case this year he is also hugely productive. Brady had a 28:2 year and rightly lost out to Matt Ryan (although if Brady played the full season it may have been different). Rodgers had a 25:2 year last year but wasn’t very productive by his standards and was nowhere near the mvp conversation. Lamar’s rushing touchdowns don’t even count toward the stat.

10. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeah, @Randall Mentzos, I think you're over-emphasizing Interceptions. It really doesn't bother me one bit that he's thrown 5 picks becuase it's not like 5 is a lot for 11 weeks. Hell, it's barely 1 game for Jameis Winston. I think Wilson is fantastic. I just think lamar has been a little more impressive this year.

The only real team of note Wilson has beaten is the 49ers.
    Lamar has taken down the defending champs, Wilson's Seahawks and MVP Candidate Watson's Texans.

He's arguably done it with less talent at WR, Lockett & Metcalf > Hollywood Brown and something called Willie Snead. I think Wilson is a very close #2 but i'd give Lamar the MVP today.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

People are talking about Lamar beating these great teams, and it’s true, but he also got blown out by the Browns. I don’t think Wilson has as many impressive wins but he doesn’t have a horrible loss like that this season.

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I also think people prefer to latch on to new players doing exciting things rather than established veterans playing better ball.

13. MidDave

I just don't agree Russ is playing better ball.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah I think Lamar is in the drivers seat now, his to lose.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Wilson is statistically, it just depends what you’re looking at I guess.

16. MidDave

Using Randall's own stats, there's no way you can just make the determination Russ is playing better.

Rushing & passing combined

Lamar - 3046 yards, 25 TD, 4 fumbles, 5 INT

Wilson - 2993 yards, 26 TD, 4 fumbles, 2 INT

They're borderline equal, minus the INTs. Lamar is averaging more yards per completion, taking fewer sacks. Lamar is his teams leading passer, and rusher and is the complete and total focal point of the highest rated offense in the NFL. He's also beating better teams. Holding one bad game against the Browns against him as the reason he's not the MVP when he literally kicked the seahawks in the teeth is odd to me.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

It'll also never be about who carries their team the most and who has the least talent available to help them though. I would agree that Wilson has more passing help than Jackson while Jackson has more help in blocking and scheme and developing a run attack etc. But voters are never gonna care about that and they'll just go off what they've seen and how stats match what they've seen, and not only that but how the team performs as a result of those QB performances. And the Ravens are performing amazingly, it's going to continue to be credited to Lamar Jackson.

Max_123 likes this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

A slight lead is still a lead. He is slightly playing better, imo.

19. Fucking Dustin

Division games are always fickle too so I don't hold the Browns loss THAT much against him just like I don't hold the SEA loss against Bosa's DPOY chances

But also who fuckin cares about MVP

Victor Eremita likes this.
  20. MidDave

I mean, that's just statistically incorrect though. If you're saying Russ has better passing stats than sure. But if you're looking at each's contribution to the offense than nah. Also, reminder, Russ lost to Lamar in real life lol.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  21. MidDave

I care greatly about MVP because I said Lamar would be good and everyone told me nah and I wanna bring that big ol' dick swinging energy everywhere I go when he wins it.

22. Fucking Dustin

I invited friends over to help me pack last night and we watched Midsommar instead (it was good) so I have a shit ton of packing to do today and tomorrow pour one out for me

23. Fucking Dustin

MVP just means "I'll lose to the Pats in the playoffs" if it's not Brady so I guess it's doubly a win for you

Victor Eremita likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Stats are all stats. Not placing more weight on certain ones and ignoring other.

Overall, purely from a statistical standpoint, Wilson is more efficient, which is better in my opinion.

25. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Especially because it’s solely a regular season award, it’s hard to really care about mvp by the time the award is actually given. Most likely the winner will have lost to Brady and the Patriots by the time it’s handed out lol