Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 10 • Page 25

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Nov 6, 2019.

1. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Hawks have our number. Can’t give Wilson multiple possessions in OT.

clucky likes this.
  2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Wilson threw a pick in OT and had to get bailed out. Not really "winner" behavior in my book. Just very very fortunate.

still blows my mind people are acting like he deserves to be MVP after that.

3. chcougar1

Trusted

geez. It’s hard to be perfect. The Niners have one of the best defenses in the league.

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

And? He still needed to be gifted three chances to win. That isn't an MVP preformance

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It blows your mind that people, in the three and a half hours since the game ended at midnight on a monday, aren't eliminating someone based off of one quarter of play???

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Every single player at some point gets bailed out from time to time. Wilson is the best QB in the league and just handed the last unbeaten team an L in their own stadium. He’s the MVP.

Max_123 and GrantCloud like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Meanwhile, I came into this game with Jimmy and my opponent had the 49ers defense and I was projected 95% to win and Crappolo completely and utterly crumbled. Three turnovers at home to a bad defense. Thanks a lot, dude.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I mean, Wilson is NOT the MVP lol. But hes the best QB. CMC is the MVP. Fuck, Nick Bosa and Minkah Fitzpatrick are putting up strong arguments too.

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

CMC is great but QB is way way way more difficult to play and Wilson is the best QB in the league so I have to give it to him.

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Without Wilson, Seattle probably has two wins tops. He’s the MVP for me by far.

Max_123 likes this.
  11. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Wilson is definitely one of the best but to say he is definitively the best is certainly arguable. You’re splitting hairs at the top really

Max_123 likes this.
  12. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

If I had to pick mvp so far I’d pick Wilson though. He deserves it for sure, so does CMC

Max_123 likes this.
  13. broken22

(:

You sir, don't understand how football works.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah I think Wilson is MVP strictly based on QB bias in the voting, I just don't see them picking a RB, although CMC is certainly very deserving. He'll get OPOY

15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It really all depends on how you quantify value but from the standpoint of NFL awards, Russell Wilson is the MVP right now

Owlex and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  16. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Lamar.

17. Fucking Dustin

Value to the team: Russell Wilson
    Statistical best QB: Russell Wilson
    Value to the league: Lamar Jackson
    Best player: Christian McCaffrey or probably a defensive player that'll never get recognized
    Could beat the 95 Bulls: Deshaun Watson

Owlex, Joe4th and Max_123 like this.
  18. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Eliminate? no

But this week clearly shows why Jackson should be the front runner.

19. Fucking Dustin

I think Wilson is still the frontrunner but Lamar Jackson has a very good chance to take that away next week

Regardless of the "team success etc etc" stuff if Jackson outduels Watson he's easily my frontrunner

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Deserving of MVP

1. Russ
    2. LJax
    3. Deshaun
    After every QB that matters. CMC

21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

But doesn't Jackson already have a big win over Wilson?

That should be enough to push him over in my mind.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Jackson lost to the Browns

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

It's a bit of a back and forth because Wilson is statistically having a phenomenal season while Jackson is beating the world

Again it really really REALLY depends on how you view "valuable" and how the writers view "valuable" is having a good record as a QB while ALSO having the best stats. Russell Wilson has amazing stats right now as a QB and the bar is higher for Jackson as a result because he has to be able to keep up with that

I don't like how MVP is voted on and wish it was different, but based on how it's voted on right now Wilson is easily the frontrunner, and it'll take a lot for Jackson to top that; a win against Deshaun Watson would be a big help for that

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

CMC is single handedly keeping his keep in things as a RB.

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I would probably rank them:
    Wilson
    Lamar
    CMC / Watson

What CMC is doing is pretty fucking impressive. We have seen running backs obviously have huge seasons, but this is team who lost their starting former MVP QB, are resorting to a backup nearly rookie QB, and still staying afloat on the back of CMC who is catching and running the ball at an exceptional rate. I don't know how many games they will end up winning in the end which is why I still have him lower than Wilson and Lamar, but he is definitely worthy of the conversation.

Fucking Dustin likes this.