Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 1 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

jerry jones is still there so it's as bad as it's ever been.

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Counterpoint: all owners are Jerry Jones they’re just not loud about it because they aren’t from a state that openly encourages that attitude hahaha

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  3. Randall Mentzos

Shad Khan may be an example of “diversity” but hed host Donald Trump at the Jags stadium in about three seconds if he could, he stood by Tom Coughlin and stood by hiring Chris Doyle despite half his team basically saying that guy is racist… and his entire plan for downtown development is “let’s take money that Jax residents are paying into the city, but then build $2,000 per month luxury apartments that only transplants from Cali and NY will live in and do nothing to fix existing problems”

Victor Eremita likes this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Morgan is great

CarpetElf, uuu and Randall Mentzos like this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

Morgan is by far my favorite Jags fan that has been in this thread with us. Yes she is great.

I did NOT enjoy badger or Atticusfinch lol

6. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

$2,000 a month luxury? Can I come?

7. Randall Mentzos

That’s exactly the point, it’s only to attract transplants from areas that are way more expensive lol.

if I owned the Jags and had all this leeway to do shit in the city…. I mean we got several black neighborhoods in town that all have failing sewage infrastructure and some of the worst pothole-filled roads imaginable. Start there. Provide season tickets to some of the people who have been affected by that and had their businesses shut down because of underground repairs they aren’t authorized to do. You’d get so many more loyal Jags fans out of that too.

but no, they don’t want black citizens from a mile north / a mile east of the stadium, they want more white people wearing boat loafers and golfer shorts.

8. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I feel like not all owners have had the creepy groping pictures and the sexual assault lawsuits against them but honestly wouldn’t be surprised if there are many others. Jerry also made his money from oil and gas which is just extra evil. All billionaires are bad though and all owners are bad, Jerry is just a one of the worst. Maybe not the worst but worse than most

Max_123 and Randall Mentzos like this.
  9. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Oil and Gas is a natural resource I didn't realize you were against using Earth's natural resources :demon:

10. Randall Mentzos

I love how now that they’ve invented better batteries the argument against solar has shifted to “it’s bad for the economy because there are no distribution channels between the sun and solar panels to monopolize, so we can’t establish a pyramid scheme of middlemen to ration and incrementally price-gouge solar power”

Victor Eremita and uuu like this.
  11. Randall Mentzos

There’s arguments like that against being a dedicated bicyclist too:

91BCB6E8-CCEB-461E-A055-C8A8271AB37B.jpeg

fucking bizarro world we live in lol

Victor Eremita likes this.
  12. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

unexpedactly wokring night shift tomorow. guess that means im getting sloshed and watching jerry jones get dissapointed hehe

13. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

It’s almost like capitalism incentivizes the wrong things

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

There are so many 3-4 point home dogs this week. My *bold prediction* is that they go .500 this week

Seahawks (-3) vs Colts
    Vikings (-3) vs Bengals
    Jaguars (-3) vs Texans
    Packers (-3.5) vs Saints
    Broncos (-3) vs Giants
    Ravens (-4) vs Raiders

gun to my head, I’d say Bengals, Texans, and Giants win but I’m not super committed to that group, just that a lot of them win (and that hopefully the Colts are one of them)

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk, I think the raiders might have a chance against the ravens

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yeah I agree. I bet that line drops between a half point and a full point after the 2 ACL tears today, which makes the variance in those spreads even less lol

I wouldn’t bet any one of them straight up, but as a group, feels like a very solid chance that group overachieves

17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, I have no idea about any of that stuff haha I just think maybe the raiders aren’t actually that bad and the ravens are having a lot of bad luck, can’t wait to see how gruden tries to screw it all up lol

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Somehow the chargers who couldn’t get any decent rb play last year still didn’t fix that issue lol the ol is better but they had dudes misreading plays constantly so unless larry rountree is something, eh

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

go Steelers

imthesheriff and spiffa0 like this.
  21. Why is drew Brees on my tv

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I kind of hate it but I do like both teams rn

23. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Very much not what I was expecting to j the thread today

24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I hate Brady but can’t root for the cowboys plus Gronk is on my fantasy team.