Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Superbowl LIV • Page 37

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Lol fuck nick bosa

FTank likes this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

I hope that guys still alive and was able to enjoy the win.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Oh dang, didn't know the young girl who sand with J-Lo last night was actually her daughter, haha. Awesome

Randall Mentzos and Brent like this.

4. Jimmy G stinks

5. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

What the hell when did Suggs get on the Chiefs lol

aliens exist, Brent and GrantCloud like this.
  6. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

They definitely should have run the ball considering they were averaging 6 yards per carry.

8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

They lost for both reasons, they didn't control the clock and they didn't convert drives. You can often convert drives into first downs without running for sure, you can also convert drives with misdirections like the 49ers did all of the first 3 quarters with Deebo/Mostert/Coleman etc. "Run the ball" doesn't always mean "run the ball up the middle and pray" and that's where everyone gets so stuck.

9. Fucking Dustin

Someone should tell that to BOB too for that matter

Joe4th likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Bryan Cranston commercial was great and the highlight of the night, really disappointed to read through this thread and see no mention of it. do better you guys.

Brent likes this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

But I'll say I also agree that if you have a better QB than Jimmy G you don't have to rely on having to do that

So really there's just a lot of factors, it's fine everyone can be at fault

Randall Mentzos and Joe4th like this.
  12. Victor Eremita

Why does this assume you run the ball twice and give it back to Mahomes? That’s a stupid assumption, the 49ers have the best running plays in the league and were running the ball well. They needed 5 yards in two runs.

Randall Mentzos and FTank like this.
  13. Sure but that was a perfect play call by Shanahan and if they had an average QB that’s a huge play

Victor Eremita likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

It's just moreso how Shanahan handled like 3 straight drives rather than a 1 play situation IMO

FTank and Joe4th like this.
  15. Victor Eremita

Tom Brady to the 49ers

Brent likes this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'd like to announce I was the only one at my party of 30yos that knew who Bad Bunny was

17. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

waking season and Fucking Dustin like this.
  18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

He wasn't a FA like he is now though.

19. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

This was a great take to put the Superbowl to bed and something I've been starting to deeply understand. You're not gonna be a good running team if you're always vanilla about it.

Misdirection can sometimes discourage a downhill rushing attack if you overdo it - some of those plays take too long to develop to call more than once in awhile.

BUT, at the same time it is so fucking crucial. Especially when you need an obvious conversion and the defense is expecting a run. You've got to mix it up enough to catch them off guard in the 4th quarter or OT, even after they've seen all your previously called running plays / tendencies.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.