Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Divisional [Archived]

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Saturday, Jan. 13

ATL @ PHI 4:35 EST on NBC
    TEN @ NE 8:15 EST on CBS

Sunday, Jan. 14

JAX @ PIT 1:05 EST on CBS
    NO @ MIN 4:40 EST on FOX

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

It's not too cold for football in Pittsburgh.
    Some of my favorite times playing sports outside in Maryland happened in 20 degree weather.

If we don't come out playing at 100% shame on us. Fuck the "Florida team" narrative. 20 degrees is normal January playoffs weather and we don't deserve to compete if we can't handle it.

If Fournette starts running at half effort because he's not embracing the cold, sub Yeldon/Ivory in. I am 100% serious. The quickest way to lose this game, would be if we fail to run the ball. LeVeon Bell is gonna get his.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Falcons
    Pats
    Steelers
    Saints

That's what I'm guessing for this week.

4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

They’re calling for a few inches of ice and snow on Saturday. So we’ll see how Sunday is looking.

Also, stairway to seven. And stuff.

Owlex, preppyak and Randall Mentzos like this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

ain't nobody gonna pick Jacksonville and thats fine

even if our offense sputters, our defense can take over the game, and that's how we've won half the time. I believe in my team.

6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Feels weird that we could have predicted most of this at the start of the season (Saints aside).

Pats-Steelers is the inevitability of every AFC season

BirdPerson and Joe4th like this.
  7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Falcons, Patriots, Steelers, Saints is my prediction. That’s also what I hope happens, outside of Tennessee pulling an upset, but lol

8. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I’ll go:
    Atlanta
    New England
    Pittsburgh
    Minnesota

If AB is back to 100% like I’ve heard from a couple beat writers, I think we’ll be in good shape. JuJu and Bryant will be the X factors.

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

go Titans

Larry David likes this.
  10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Bah gawd! Business is about to pick up here!

[​IMG]

BirdPerson, Henry, Joe4th and 8 others like this.
  12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

go purple team go

Larry David likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

theagentcoma and Larry David like this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

No god dammit you're just wrong lol.

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yes but who is actually the better team haha.

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

holy fuck @ The Underthrower

enlliac, Joe4th, Max_123 and 2 others like this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

This is the only time I'll say this this year

Go Patriots

dadbolt and Joe4th like this.
  18. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Antoniobrowntwerk.gif

19. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm not sure if he just tombstones the Jags fans or if he chokeslams them at the end of a close contest. Either way, he's really a Master of Pain.

20. Randall Mentzos

20 isn't that cold. If there's ice and snow then there's a problem. I just don't think that it's reasonable to treat that like an extreme temperature.

Sure, it's a disruptive level of cold to a Florida-born person just smoking a cigarette outside.

But it shouldn't be to a professional athlete who plays away games up north in the winter every year, and whose body heat from strenuous exercise, wearing pads and a thermal, helps to counteract the cold as well.

These motherfuckers take ice baths haha you think they're worried about 20 degrees?

Them probably unless our defense plays well enough to take over the game. They're great. If they win it's because they have a stacked roster and playing for a home crowd, not because of the temperature.

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

20 degrees is 20 degrees colder than the coldest temperature the Jags have played in all year. It is cold. Period. It's not extreme but yeah, it's colder than what Floridians are used to versus Pittsburgh players lol.

I literally never said because of the temperature jfc lol.

22. Randall Mentzos

This isn't University of Florida football team hahaha. We don't have a team full of Floridians, some yes, but honestly the SEC alone is represented widely throughout the NFL, every team has players who hate the cold. It's not even this ultra-localized thing like you're depicting, players swap regions and climates when they get drafted and again when they get signed to other teams. Most of our roster grew up with real winters.

It's not this huge advantage unless you're talking about snow or wind -- those things actually require you to adjust strategy and teams that play in that more often are gonna know better.

But if conditions are calm and the gameplan is normal, well every team has players from up north and players from down south, every team also has a bunch of true pros who know how to play their best regardless of the temperature.

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

[​IMG]

check the difference in temperature for Saturday

24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

You continue to outdo yourself, bravo

Blimp City Hero likes this.
  25. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

We call this "Colorado weather" only Monday would then be 80

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.