Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Divisional [Archived] • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

You can use a statistic to support your point, which you did. But that doesn’t always mean the other person can’t point out reasons why the statistic isn’t a perfect fit for he context.

That’s not “disagreeing with facts”. How you apply statistics to your argument, is entirely the strategy behind debate. I agree that that stat is pertinent.

I just don’t think that stat makes a strong argument when you consider a lot of cold games included are much worse than a clear, sunny 20 degrees. When it’s a 6% difference I’ll take my chances that we can overcome 6% considering it’s not a snow or wind game, just a regular cold game.

2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

honestly people i just want some competitive games this weekend and for tom brady's leg to fall off in that leg-falling-off incident i've spoken about previously

Owlex, FTank, Max_123 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Brock Osweiler struggled at first and look at him now, he has a ring

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

You keep saying clear and sunny and 20 degrees which confirms you don't actually listen. It was 28 last week, 20 yesterday, 19 today. Projected for rain throughout the week and snow throughout next week. It could easily shift even worse in their favor.

The stat isn't the entire argument but I'm not meaning it to be. The argument should be "oh, this people live in Pittsburgh and experience cold more than those from Jacksonville, it's reasonable to assume that the Pittsburgh players, being more experienced with cold weather player, will be better adjusted to the temperature than the Jacksonville players, who do not have any recent experience in this weather." The stat is just an added bonus because somehow that sentence isn't enough.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

omg he does. That's crazy lol.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

and tim tebow has a playoff win blar blar blar

7. Fucking Dustin

Same with David Carr!

We've got quite the history of Super Bowl winners, just never while they're on the Texans

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Brock Oz and I have a combined 1 SB ring

9. Fucking Dustin

Actually them + Ed Reed + Vince Wilfork + Jacoby Jones is the whole history I'm pretty sure so never mind

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This is why this is so frustrating. Because you'll say this and then say I'm wrong when i say it.

I'm saying there is a slight difference. You literally just said it and I have proof via this quote. THAT is why this argument is annoying lol.

Also stop editing.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  12. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

that's how you know that winning the super bowl is a crapshoot. when lobster has a ring but guys like jim kelly and dan marino don't

13. Fucking Dustin

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

if that story doesn't say
    "his O Line has played together all season" i'm not reading it

15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

16. Fucking Dustin

Case had a good OL in 2013 and went 0-8

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That was a....circumstantial Case

18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i lied anyway, i'm reading it

edit: this explains it: "He's obsessed with the process."

trust the process

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  19. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

All I am saying is, even though they may be more used to the cold lately, it’s not cold enough to make that big of a difference. Take that opinion at face value or just stop replying.

It’s not disagreeing with facts, it’s not me trying not to be wrong. I just disagree with how much impact 20 degrees will have.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

But the difference exists lol. This entire thing has been you saying it doesn't. But that's fine, you finally acknowledge what we've been saying and that's all that matters.

Go Jags.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

at 20 degrees your fingers lose feeling pretty quick, skin gets tight and painful

the linemen might not care as much though

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. JRShoenberger

Trusted

It’s 65deg in Pittsburgh right now.

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

60 degrees in WNY as well, and they're gonna get about 10-12 inches dumped on them tonight and tomorrow so

24. Fucking Dustin

It's 35 degrees in Dallas what the hell

25. Glad I read 5 pages of weather discussion

Max_123, theagentcoma and GrantCloud like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.