Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Da Bowl [Archived] • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

2. And you aren't arrogant ? " The Eagles aren't on the Vikings level "

FTank likes this.
  3. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

To be fair here...when Wentz down, I threw in the towel too. I had a minor bit of homerism thinking they could still be here back then but most of my thought process came around to reality and I knew it was over.

But as they've shown to date in the playoffs, they're capable of doing this---most just still continue to doubt. It's normal.

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

1. That's not arrogance lol.
    2. That's not even what I said lol.

I was saying how the Eagles in the 1st quarter showed all of their flaws at once. Not that they couldn't win, just that every reason they might not win was on full display. They adapted. The fact that you are so honed in on that comment is exactly my point. Who gives a shit? It's live reactionary banter to a game lol. Stupid shit gets said left and right in game threads and yet here we are, two weeks later with the Eagles fans still upset about an offhand comment.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Which would happen to every single team in the nation.

but yes, you're victim, I'm so sorry.

Of course it's normal to doubt an underdog winning.

6. You definitely made it out that way.

7. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I'm not a victim, you goof. My team is in the Super Bowl. My squad is going to be good for a long time. I am happy.

I hope they win. I think they can and I think they do. That's what my job is as a fan. Ultimately, I don't give a shit what the talking heads think but it's also hard to ignore if you want to watch/read/listen anything leading up to the game.

Also, I have a distain for the city of Boston and their fans just as the rest of the country does for Philly fans. Point blank, period.

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I don't understand why people take it so personal and get upset when folks doubt the team they are rooting for.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The rest of the country dislikes Pats fans too. Most of the country is rooting for the Eagles.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's even better when they exemplify the behavior they say they hate and then wonder why no one is on their side lol.

11. Screenshot_20180202-104730.png

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I was saying how the Eagles in the 1st quarter showed all of their flaws at once. Not that they couldn't win, just that every reason they might not win was on full display. They adapted. The fact that you are so honed in on that comment is exactly my point. Who gives a shit? It's live reactionary banter to a game lol. Stupid shit gets said left and right in game threads and yet here we are, two weeks later with the Eagles fans still upset about an offhand comment.

13. No no. That clearly says they aren't on the Vikings level.

14. St. Nate

This thread literally went in a circle in like 15 minutes.

Dirty Sanchez and Max_123 like this.
  15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I don't care what a single person on this forum says as none of us know squat about how things play out no matter how much youtube "film" you watch.

I do put stock into what the writers/tv personalities say however, and so that is where my defensiveness comes from.

Most of this forum is geeks with swoop haircuts so it's just nothing more than fun conversation here.

marsupial jones and Max_123 like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The fact that you are so honed in on that comment is exactly my point. Who gives a shit? It's live reactionary banter to a game lol. Stupid shit gets said left and right in game threads and yet here we are, two weeks later with the Eagles fans still upset about an offhand comment.

17. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Can't you guys just all hate the pats and get along?

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's ironic because before this year they said Wentz was just a system QB now if Foles wins the Super Bowl they'll just go back to that narrative lol. You literally can't win with the media. Now the media hating Philly I agree with you on.

19. St. Nate

I'm not rooting for the Pats I'm rooting against the Eagles is what I'm gonna have to tell myself over and over again.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  20. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

On that....

I've never understood the system QB argument....aren't most QBs a product of their system? I mean, the Eagles traded up and gave up the booty to get Wentz because he fit their system just as I assume the Texans did when they drafted Watson or KC with Mahomes or LAR with Goff.

The only one here that comes to mind that doesn't fit this argument is Tennessee with Mariota because LOL. But that just seems like such a strange argument.

Would Wentz have the same success is oh I dunno....Arizona? Who knows and also, who cares since he will spend his career in Philly. Just never understood that argument.

21. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I'll take it

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Right? It makes no sense. You still have to be good enough to play at a high level in that system. Wentz is as good as he is because of the system but that doesn't mean he isn't great haha. He's still the one going out there and playing like an MVP.

Mariota is playing in a bad system and I hope that changes, as a Mariota fan, not a Jaguar fan haha

23. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I hate Mariota because of the whole UO/UW rivalry but I respect the hell out of him so I hope they get it figured out cause he's fun to watch when he's let off the leash and can do what he's great at.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

C'mon KJ don't do me like this

25. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

lmaooooooooo.....I thought you lost the swoop?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.