Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Conference Championship Round • Page 48

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Hate the Rams because since Gregg Williams arrived in the Fisher era their players are STILL headshotting in just about every game and Aaron Donald acts like a giant baby starting fights anytime something doesn't go his way, not because they...performed trades with willing teams

waking season likes this.
  2. Fucking Dustin

And Cooks obviously

So Suh+Whitworth were the only 2 major signees

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I am annoyed they got highway robbery on so many essential players, traded for or signed. Adjust my argument to that, I don’t care. They were so aggressive the past two offseasons in a way basically no other team could pull off. And now they’re in a SuperBowl.

Praise them for solid offseason strategy if you want, I can’t necessarily argue with that, but I’m one of the haters. My team is only ever gonna get good by home growing their talent, I have a right to envy and be salty about teams that can take shortcuts

4. The Jags bought a bunch of players and still sucked

Zach and oakhurst like this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Calais Campbell and AJ Bouye are very very good and you signed them in the same offseason, along with grabbing Malik Jackson off the tails of an amazing season. The Jags can sign players, Jacksonville isn't deterring talent

6. Randall Mentzos

Malik Jackson is every bit a fraud as Marcus Peters and we had to overpay the SHIT out of both him and Bouye to get them. Campbell is like the only successful free agent signing that matches his value we’ve had in literally a decade. I like Bouye but damn no team pays their CB2 NEAR that much.

The Rams acquisitions were all nasty cheap for the talent they got. And I’m jealous and mad about it haha

7. Fucking Dustin

Really if being "famous in LA" was a player objective they should sign with the Raiders since they're (or were maybe) the most popular team there

8. Hire a better coach and draft a better QB

Brent likes this.
  9. If the Rams had Marrone and Bottles they’d suck too

Brent likes this.
  10. Wade Phillips as DC

He’s great

Texas Flood likes this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

Didnt yall have like a ton more cap than the Rams though? So that you could overpay in that time anyway? Or am I misremembering?

12. Fucking Dustin

I can't sleep

13. Randall Mentzos

I guess but we are now in cap trouble because of it while the Rams are just fine with all those big name players

Maybe I’m just jealous but I root against them all the same. Especially since they took that team away from a city just to go make money in a bigger one. That sucks. I used to like the Rams when they were in STL and they deserve this Bowl, not LA.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

I do agree with your last point. I really wish it was for St Louis

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  15. Also, it’s unfair to say players went there because it’s LA. The Rams has a young HC, a young QB, and a young defensive star player and were carrying a lot of momentum coming into this season. That’s very appealing to free agents.

16. Randall Mentzos

If anything y’all gotta realize Dante Fowler is worth more than a 3rd and 5th round pick.

I know he improvises too much and gives up running plays. I know he has a hot temper and that can cause locker room tension / potential charges pressed outside of games.

But he gets to those QB that typically can’t be gotten to because he’s a wild animal, and typical blocking technique doesn’t always work against the crazy athletic shit he does. He got 10 sacks for us as a backup, rotational defender last year and sacked Brady 3x between the ‘17 AFCCG and our week 2 matchup. Then he goes and fucks with Brees and forces the late interception he threw in this year’s NFCCG. He is truly a wild card that can change games.

I reserve the right to be mad at the Rams for that alone. I’m still mad at the Bears for having Allen Robinson on a cheap deal I would’ve LOVED to re-sign him for. And yes I know the Jags are also to blame for letting him walk and agreeing to lowball Fowler. Envy works in illogical ways. I’m still gonna root against those teams lol

17. Yeah that stings.

The change of scenery certainly helped him. And on paper it’d look like Rams are a worse locker room for him but that wasn’t the case this year.

18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Yes and no

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I was a Rams fan growing up in STL, they were basically the only team I knew. To be told that you weren’t a good enough fan for them to stay, while the powers that be purposely tanked that team so they could leave with an excuse, is something I’ll never forgive them for. To see them have that success this year infuriated me, I spent years watching that team be pure ass but Stan just couldn’t put the effort to make that team viable here but lo and behold, they go to LA and magically they fire Jeff Fisher and acquire actual talent. I honestly hope they get the shit kicked out them.

Jim, GrantCloud, Mrplum5089 and 2 others like this.
  20. Randall Mentzos

Dude yes. I am with you friend. That shit sucks.

Jim and DarkHotline like this.
  21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Eh, now they’re moving to Vegas, so it’ll be for aging players. Of course, Jon Gruden is the Wayne Newton in all of it, but Jordy Nelson and Doug Martin are doing their residencies right now.

22. Fucking Dee Ford, man

xbrokendownx likes this.
  23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

think about the thing you hate most in life

times that by 10

that is how much I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots

Zach, Brent, Max_123 and 1 other person like this.
  24. broken22

(:

I guess my hate for the Patriots isn't as much now considering we actually beat them in the SB last year.

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

someone should hire Romo to be a DC

Brent likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.