Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday: Conference Championship Round • Page 47

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. clucky

Trusted Supporter

If the Chief's had gotten the ball first in OT and won I'd be like "Yeah the OT rules are bullshit and should be changed but also fuck the Patroits so I'm still happy with the result"

2. broken22

(:

Nope. Maybe they should have stopped a 3rd down.

3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

How is it fair that in order to win the game, the Cheifs have to stop the Pats on 3rd down but the Pats don't have to stop the Chiefs?

4. broken22

(:

So out of all the things that happened today we are really having a discussion that the Chiefs got boned because of a coin flip and having to play in OT ? Meanwhile the Saints are the ones that got really got the shit end of the stick.

5. broken22

(:

It's sudden death. I'm not sure what you don't understand. If the Chiefs stop them, they get the ball. It's that simple, it's the rules.

anonimito likes this.
  6. broken22

(:

Not to mention if anything something about the officials needs to change.

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I understand that its sudden death and that it's the rules.

The claim I am making is that those rules are not fair.

FTank and GrantCloud like this.
  8. oakhurst Jan 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2019)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Lmao

9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Me: Both games were ruined by bullshit

You: Actually the Pats/Chief game wasn't ruined by bullshit

Me: Yes, it was

You: Why isn't anyone talking about the Saints/Rams bullshit

lol

FTank and GrantCloud like this.
  10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

im a chiefs fan.... i am sad...... we lost fair and square (but still.. FUCK tom brady...but because)

11. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I went to two shows tonight right after the Saints got screwed. Didn’t feel like being pissed off at the Pats winning AGAIN against a team I no longer support. I had a great night.

Fuck the Patriots I hate them, fuck the Chiefs they don’t deserve a SuperBowl anyway, fuck the Rams they bought a SuperBowl with free agents and still got helped by the refs in a game they likely would’ve lost.

Fuck football this year. Ready for the 2019 draft.

Owlex, DarkHotline and DaydreamNation like this.
  12. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I still don’t get the whole “fuck the rams for using a perfectly valid strategy for building a roster”

Especially when most of their impact players were drafted or traded for.

13. Randall Mentzos

To be fair, you didn’t get the “fuck the Patriots” memo either :-p

14. Randall Mentzos

With the Rams my issue is they got good so fast and they wouldn’t have if they didn’t have such a marketable city to attract players. I’m annoyed as fuck the LA team went to a Super Bowl right away cause everybody wants to get famous in LA. They were never good in St Louis the last 15 years and all of a sudden sensationalist hype builds them a complete roster and takes them to the bowl. That shit is lame and as a fan of a small market team who isn’t gonna convince anyone good to come to Jax, I feel like I’m understandably salty

DarkHotline and DaydreamNation like this.
  15. MidDave

But again, most of the guys that matter most weren’t “recruited” they were traded for or drafted lol.

16. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Then why were you upset when I rooted against the Chargers after they moved to LA

17. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yea, the Rams aren't good because they went to LA. lol

Zach and waking season like this.
  18. Randall Mentzos

Because they didn’t do that! They stuck to their nucleus and remained the same team. I also feel like St Louis supported their Rams more than SD did with the Chargers

19. Fucking Dustin

The Rams really didn't change that much either...they lost mediocre Jeff Fisher and used a QB coach as HC to develop their new QB. Only giant splash since then was Suh (Peters and Talib were heavily trending down and Cooks really isn't that much of an upgrade from Watkins)

waking season likes this.
  20. Randall Mentzos Jan 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Both starting CBs, a WR1, a pro bowl LT and a pro bowl DT is a lot of key pieces. As well as the coach. Sure any team would do that if they could. Moving to LA gave them a leg up certainly though.

Imo it was a cheap fast track to success. Their defense would be trash without the additions of Suh, Peters, & Talib and Whitworth is the best / most important guy on their top notch offensive line

And I’m also salty they traded chump change for Dante Fowler who has now fucked with both Tom Brady and Drew Brees in the playoffs. So saying “oh they traded for him they didn’t sign him” that’s not really consolation for me. Felt like they had their cake already and now they want to eat mine.

21. Fucking Dustin

And trust me I hate the Rams and the hate keeps growing. But that's not a great reason to hate em

22. Randall Mentzos

Retort: they changed a LOT!! that’s 5 players I’d grade an A or a B and a top 3 coach. I even argued against Cooks being a true WR1 earlier this season but he’s absolutely miles beyond Watkins who has never come close to his early first round value. Watkins is definitely a WR2, you can at least argue Cooks is a top 15 WR

23. MidDave

Didn’t they get peters and talib via trade?

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  24. yep yep yep x1000

St. Nate likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

Kupp was a better receiver than Cooks anyway, McVay was a no name already being brought up with the team, Marcus Peters is a bum, most of these transactions were trades anyway aka players didnt "choose LA". Find a new slant

FTank and waking season like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.