Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Conference Championship Round Football • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Jan 15, 2017.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

You could be a Browns fan like my best friend from high school. As much as I don't like kicking a dog when he's down, they give me so much material when I talk shit to him it never gets old.

I'm not optimistic about the Steelers chances against the Pats, but if our defense keeps playing on the level it has been and Ben shows up then we MAY have a chance. ATL winning on the other side would be pretty sweet. Here's the hoping the ATL/NE Super Bowl is actually a good game.

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. JBoch Jan 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2017)
    JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Packers/Falcons is shaping up to be another classic (like most Packers playoff games end up being, for better or for worse). As seemingly everyone else is saying, it's going to be a shootout, likely a "whoever has the ball last wins" type of game.

Tough to look at their matchup from October as any indication of what's to come. Both teams are playing at a much higher level than they were at that point in the season. Plus GB's inactive list for that game included Cobb, Randall, Rollins, Matthews, Montgomery, and Cook.

Packers need to play a similar game to yesterday's if they want to win. Get out to an early lead, have Rodgers continue playing the QB position at the highest level of anyone ever, and hang on for dear life. Should be a hell of a battle.

Go Pack Go!

3. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Panthers/Bengals fan & I live outside of Milwaukee. It's been a lousy season from my perspective.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

If Ben shows up, Bell keeps being Bell and we don't have any turnovers I think we win.

Whatjuliansaid and swboyd like this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Also to add onto this:
    -The pass rush gets some kind of pressure on Brady. Dupree/Deebo need to be on point.
    -Keep the Patriots receivers contained. Our secondary has gotten better as the season has progressed. Now it's time to step up and show it.

If all of these things happen, we can win. If we give the Pats any opening, it's over for us. I hate to be negative against my team, but the Steelers can't rely on Boswell's leg and good defense to beat the Pats. It just doesn't work like that against them.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Pass rush is an absolute necessity, the Texans really made Brady feel it for the first three quarters

swboyd likes this.
  7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

packers 31 falcons 27
    steelers 34 pats 28

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is a dream scenario, but I dunno man haha

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm gonna go with...

Packers 38 falcons 35
    Patriots 27 Steelers 24

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

yeah it's wishful thinking but well within the realm of possibility. after starting 4-6 i'm just happy they got this far haha.

FTank likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love a Packers/Steelers rematch from 2011.

imthesheriff and JBoch like this.
  12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I foresee a close game in which the Pitt D collapses and gives up one or two really long drives near the end when they need a stop. that said, hoping for Steelers-Falcons

13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

14. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

My preseason prediction was GB over Pittsburgh in the SB so I've gotta stick with it:

GB 42 ATL 35
    PITT 31 NE 28

15. If the Packers can hold the Falcons under 30 points they'll win

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

ChiliTacos likes this.
  17. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I'm worried about bens shoulder, he just didn't seem accurate yesterday and I wouldn't be surprised if they're making an injury. If it's clear weather and they have a chance to put the steak in the patriots coffin and they can't because of his arm... blah. I hope it's not like the broncos last year, I'd rather get blown out.

18. Steak?

19. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

20. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Go chiefs

BirdPerson and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Panda panda panda panda panda

Snewt likes this.
  22. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

how can brady possibly be the least of the evils there?

I mean we know big ben sucks as a human...and we've established that A-A Ron is just a garbage QB all around

but whatcha got against matty ice?

23. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

That confused me too. Saints fan maybe??

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Panthers/Bengals fan. Can only assume it's our old friend, SwiftSilentDead.

Owlex likes this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like bell is going to have a career game this weekend and they edge out the patriots