Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 11 [Archived] Football • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

no coach is gonna shine the Bortles turd

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Jim Harbaugh to the Jags confirmed.

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Lol I do think he’s a good coach but I’m just so tired of him. From like 1 to Ted Cruz, he’s like a six on the punchable face scale

I do get the team has sort of plateaued to mediocrity recently, but I think with his history there he deserves a chance with a new GM/not Flacco for a couple of years

5. Randall Mentzos

Obviously not what I meant haha. He'd know how to actually use our defensive talent and our running game, and unlike ANY of our current coaches, he knows how to put together a gameplan to beat his division

6. Randall Mentzos

Gimme Harbaugh and Jimmy G next year lol

7. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

But you COULD afford Nick Mullens!

Randall Mentzos and dotKev like this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

We can't actually afford Jimmy I'm semi kidding. Though if I somehow knew in advance that players like Ramsey and Yannick chose not to resign here, then I would be ALL FOR IT.

Getting a good QB and resigning all these dudes feels a bit like having cake and eating it too. I feel like we kinda gotta pick one right now. Which, if Ramsey can be convinced to stay that's the option I choose. I'd take Cody Kessler and this defensive roster over replacing Bortles and losing those guys.

9. What about Landry Jones

preppyak and PeacefulOrca like this.
  10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Bortles gonna run for 300 yards against the stillers d tomorrow

GrantCloud likes this.
  11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Oh my gosh please let John Harbaugh go to Jacksonville. That defense would get torn down because all the current guys would “not be a good scheme fit” for a 3-4, regardless of whether or not they actually work

12. Randall Mentzos

We have a ton of scheme versatile players. Only guy I’d really worry about not making the cut is Yannick Ngakoue.

Campbell, Dareus, Jack, and Ramsey especially would thrive in a blitzing 3-4, as well as Tashaun Gipson who had his best season in a 3-4. And as I said if we still had Fowler he’d have moved to OLB just fine as well.

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

m

Give me whatever you are smoking

14. Randall Mentzos Nov 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

Honestly Bortles needs to run more because that’s the only way teams loosen up when he’s passing the ball. I think he should take off 4-5 times per game, and even more than that if they are struggling to stop him from getting first downs.

Hed literally throw fewer INTs and have more open reads if he constantly reminded the defense that he’s a threat as a runner. When he stays in the pocket defenses can predict him so easily.

It sounds bad to say this but it’s true - we should be making defenses account for what he’s actually good at, lol. Sometimes he can throw the ball okay, sometimes he fucking can’t to save his life, but he’s always been a top running QB regardless. Consistently using that skill is the only way we’ll get consistency in general from him.

15. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

16. broken22

(:

Eagles gonna shock the world today.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Maybe it’d be different for y’all but I know from watching the Colts switch from 3-4 to 4-3, that scheme change was the rationale/excuse for getting rid of every good veteran on that team, even if they seemingly would fit better in a 4-3 (like Hankins and Melvin)

18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

go Texans

19. Randall Mentzos

Only reason Harbaugh would take the Jags job in the first place is becuase he liked our defensive talent. He’s a good enough coach to where he’d be in demand and get his choice of a few different rosters he wants to mold. I couldn’t see him coming here just to tear the defense apart, it’s not like our offense is the selling point of coaching this team lol

You guys actually had a terrible defense and a great QB to focus on, so the new coach starting over on defense makes more sense.

20. Randall Mentzos

Oh and Bouye was good in a 3-4 too, that’s what he played in Houston. That’s how Malik Jackson learned to play in Denver as well. Like 5 of our best players came from NFL teams that played 3-4 haha.

Its literaly just Yannick Ngakoue who you’d worry about if we transitioned to a 3-4. Our first move would be to draft a pass rusher and try to trade Ngakoue.

21. Randall Mentzos

Bortles why are you so fucking glitchy in the pocket

22. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

So happy to get Romo/Nantz instead of Fouts and that other guy

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Moore :heart:

24. Randall Mentzos

Get off the field Ben

You too old for that QB sneak shit

25. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Keke doin work

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.