Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NF has Number One Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

NF has the number one album in the country this week:

The set was released on Oct. 6 through NF Real Music/Capitol/Caroline and starts with 55,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Oct. 12, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 38,000 were in traditional album sales — NF’s best sales week yet.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I guess I gotta say it...

who????

Mr. Serotonin and Anthony Brooks like this.
  3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Holy shit, been aware of this dude for a few years but had no clue he had gotten this big. Honestly shocked

coleslawed likes this.
  4. jjnunn118

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

You're better off not knowing

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. aniafc

Trusted

Anything about the Citizen album?

Edit: I thought this was cool: "NF is also just the second act in 2017 to reach No. 1 without ever charting a song on the all-genre Billboard Hot 100, following alternative rock band Brand New. The latter saw its Science Fiction launch atop the Billboard 200 dated Sept. 9 with 58,000 units."

coleslawed likes this.
  7. 3528

8. jjnunn118

On first glance I thought this was a snarky comment about its chart position

Chase Tremaine and Bryan Diem like this.
  9. Nope, it's amount sold.

10. This blows my mind

coleslawed likes this.
  11. aniafc

Trusted

12. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

What don't you like about it? I had never heard of him before and I'm digging it on first spin. I'm not a big rap fan except for more chill stuff like Cunninlynguists, atmosphere, brother Ali, Cyne, etc. and I think this is pretty decent. If you like hip hop with a little more substance and lyrical variety than the top 40 'hip hop hits' give this guy a spin.

m9tt likes this.
  13. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

14. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

Same with me. I enjoy this even though I'm not a huge rap fan.

I have to ask, is your avatar Daniel from Joywave?