Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

News From Brand New’s Chicago Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brand New performed in Chicago last night which means we have some new goodies. First, you can see what the tour vinyl offered looks like, you can watch the set on YouTube, and we learned that “Same Logic/Teeth” was actually written by Vinnie over a decade ago. So, that’s cool.

The band also mentioned they’ll be coming back to Chicago “within the next 14 months.” Oh, and they have new merch up on their website.

I was 1st to buy the vinyl in line so I’m gonna pretend I’m the 1st to own a physical copy lol. @brandnewrockfan @BrandNewArchive pic.twitter.com/z3cLNXlyLV

— Psychodrama (@alocacoc) October 16, 2017

2. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

holy crap that live performance is awesome.

3. aniafc

Trusted

This band is really something else.

Also, I had a dream the other night that Brand New played a Nirvana cover set for Halloween. It was wild.

4. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

the falsetto on you stole takes it to a whole new level.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  5. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

These are some nice goodies!

6. Indigo

Trusted

I really want that Hand of Doom hoodie but I've GOT TO reel in the amount of money spent on Brand New-related items.

7. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

working for a company that films live music and creates visual content I'd love to find a way to convince the band to let us film this tour. that set list is perfection

8. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Has anyone had their merch ship from the album T-shirt back in September?

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That vinyl is looking mighty sweet. I’m dying to see what this limited edition one looks like.

10. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Dude when the creepy monster vox came in at "when I grow up I wanna be a heretic" the whole place was shifted to another plane. this is gonna sound cliche but this recording doesn't do it justice. They were flawless.

Un fucking real guys.

11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

"Teeth" may be my favorite Brand New moment. So hard to decide, but that part is some really nice, interesting, pop music.

Mary V and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. youwontknow

I don't understand the distinction between same logic and teeth. Does the change happen @ 4:22?

13. rbf737

Regular

14 months is basically through the end of 2018. Seems like they're really sticking to this 18 years 2000-2018 thing. Wouldn't be surprised if their final show was on New Year's Eve 2018.

14. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Yes. I interpret it as follows:

Same Logic: The first part of the song up until...
    Teeth: 4:23

Teeth, based on the lyrics, seems to be the subject of the song vocalizing the perspective of their parents/caregiver/guardian speaking back to them after they've lamented all the way through Same Logic. Basically, the message in teeth is "dude, you've had every advantage, why aren't you satisfied?" after the message in Same Logic is, "wow....life is so heavy, when will things work out?"

15. youwontknow

That's super cool. Thanks!

16. aniafc

Trusted

I remember reading (probably on Reddit, so it's most likely not true) that the whole 2000-2018 thing was originally a joke, but then it turned into something serious.

17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

“Same Logic/Teeth” was actually written by Vinnie

His songs on Daisy suggested it, but this confirms it: Vin is the fuckin GOAT

Mary V likes this.