Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Many Saints of Newark (Sopranos prequel, Alan Taylor, September 24, 2021) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

feat. Young Old Man Bacala

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm not gonna lie they can make it about young Tony Sopranos bathroom habits as a kid and I'll love it .

currytheword likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

My heart couldn’t take this.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I want a movie where a younger Carmine Lupertazzi drives and befriends a black jazz pianist around the south.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t tell you how disappointed I was when I realized that was him.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I know your referencing Green Book, but what does Carmine have to do with it?

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

HE IS THE REAL VIGGO.

Cameron and OotyPa like this.
  8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Cameron likes this.
  9. zmtr

Trusted

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

man I really have to finish the Sopranos

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

bruh

zmtr likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I made it to the second episode of the last season, I can’t remember why I stopped watching tho

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

As someone who didn’t sit down and finally watch it until like 2 years ago, it’s reassuring that even Gandolfini’s son never got around to it until recently either

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That’s crazy to me since the ending of that ep made me so hyped for the rest

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel a rewatch coming on.

17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Just watched D-Girl the other day and I don’t remember that being such a good episode.

currytheword likes this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

IIRC people usually cite it as one of the worst episodes. I enjoy it though.

There isn't any episode I don't enjoy. Yes, even "Columbus".

Sean Murphy likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think D-Girl just falls at a weird time in the season where the drama is starting to build towards the climax and it kind of just interrupts everything.

20. Morrissey

Trusted

Any time The Sopranos did fish out of water episodes, it was usually not very good. Bobby helping the rapper by shooting him, the guy trying to get Hesh to pay royalties, Tony's dad's mistress. The core characters were so fully realized and the central conflict so intriguing that these always grind to a halt.

21. currytheword

Trusted

I always kinda liked those episodes. Was fun to feel some diversity in the storytelling and to bring in new people. What I liked always is that even side characters in this show felt like they belonged around the main characters, even if they weren’t fully developed or around long.

OotyPa likes this.
  22. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think D-Girl does have an interesting angle though where both Chris and Pussy are dealing with their escapes from the mob. Esp since Chris is presented with that path out that Pussy can no longer take

OotyPa, zmtr and currytheword like this.
  23. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Almost done with sopranos. Ending S5. Excited for this (assuming it comes out)

24. Anthony_ Dec 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2020)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Cool to see the logo for this in that trailer for all the WB movies going up on HBO Max next year

[​IMG]

25. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Wasn't sure if this was still even in production, so I'm definitely hyped now.