Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location • Page 35

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

hope everyone’s safe

2. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Tons of my students take the R train to school. I saw that there was no one injured under 17 but I know some of them must’ve been close by.

3. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone happen to have an extra ticket for the Joyce Manor / story so far show Friday at terminal 5? Trying to bring a friend but it's sold out now and they're pretty steep resales only

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Flying in to go to mewithoutYou on Friday and was curious if anyone here has recommendations for record stores in Manhattan (staying on the UWS with a friend).

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

For Manhattan:

Generation Records (West Village)
    Rough Trade (Midtown - Rockefeller Center)
    Limited to One Records (East Village - specializes in rare punk, hardcore, emo, indie)

web250 and Garrett like this.
  6. Garrett

Thanks! I’m wandering the city most of the day before the show and figured it might be a decent place to look.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Craig Finn is doing an in-store at Rough Trade friday fyi

Garrett likes this.
  8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I recommend Best Buy and Target

9. Garrett

never would've thought to check those places. i'm just a country boy shocked by the big city

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also a nice local spot called barnes & noble if you can find one

Garrett likes this.
  11. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Generation is sick and mildly freaked out when I walked past Carbone on my way there last time I was in the city.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also Rock & Soul. I think it’s on 33rd and 7th

Garrett likes this.
  13. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Second recco for Limited to One

Garrett likes this.
  14. lezbefriends

I live here.

Richter915 likes this.
  15. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Does anyone know how large the floor area is for Barclays and Prudential Center? I have seats for both MCR shows but am considering getting a pit ticket for the second NYC show or possibly swapping out my Prudential Center seat for the pit but also don’t want to wait in line all day for a good spot!

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Anyone holding extra 9/11 tickets?

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jarring sentence out of context lol

It is their origin story

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Haha yes, yes it is.

Weird that UBS Arena tickets were going for 1/3 of face, but Barclays is going for above face only a few miles away. Go figure.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

finally booked a show at Baby's All Right. Damn, i feel like that venue in particular took foreverrrrr. cannot wait

20. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I haven't been since pre-pandemic but I always enjoyed shows there. I think the last band I saw there was Now Now, & it was so fucking good

Cody likes this.
  21. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

If anybody’s a fan of the band Field Mouse, you’re gonna wanna hit up Baby’s on Weds 4/22 *devil emoji*

22. marissalg

Trusted

what are some sites commonly used to find apartments? helping a friend who is looking to move by June but ideally sooner. she isn’t super picky about location but ideally would like west side or greenpoint area

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

The StreetEasy app has probably become the most popular way to find nyc apartments in recent years.

kfkg and marissalg like this.
  24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

If he/she/they is looking to sublet, Craigslist can still come in handy. If they are looking for their own place, StreetEasy is usually the best way though you'll usually pay a broker's fee. If there is a specific neighborhood they're interested in, I recommend joining a FB group if that neighborhood has one as people are often posting about their apartments on there to rent in an effort to avoid a brokers fee.

marissalg likes this.
  25. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Cross posting from the blink 182 thread

I'm selling two tickets to the UBS arena show on Saturday May 20, message me if you're interested